National Account Executive – Field Based – Central London
Kérastase and Shu Uemura Art of Hair, L’Oréal Professional Products Division
Since 1964, Kérastase has infused luxury with pioneering science, elevating hair care to the status of high-end skin care with the expertise of the best hairdressers in the world. Our brand’s core mission is to deliver very personal care for exceptional hair.
Launched in Japan in 1967 Shu Uemura Art of Hair represents our most exclusive professional brand offering for elite distribution in our high-end and artistically creative salons.
What are key highlights of this role?
You will be responsible for one of the largest National Accounts for Kérastase & Shu Uemura based within London and the South East, as well as a select portfolio of key high profile customers within central London with a combined turnover responsibility of £2m per annum.
You will work in partnership with the Commercial Managers and Marketing teams to achieve the brands strategy and deliver sell out growth.
You will be managing some of the key partners we have in the industry, and will be able to develop your commercial and entrepreneurial acumen within this role. Liaising across departments is key within this role to ensure retail plans are executed to the highest level in accounts, means that you will build both a strong internal and external network within our business.
- Manage the business relationship for Kérastase and Shu Uemura for a key National Chain that has over 50 stores, on a day to day basis, with the CEO, Marketing Managers, Retail Directors and Buyers
- Responsible for managing a select portfolio of high profile key customers within Central London, with a focus of establishing and implementing business plans and solutions, carrying out regular Business reviews, identifying client needs
- Agree a Joint business Plan to ensure Plan to ensure growth objectives are achieved and contract expectations met
- Full ownership of maximising new opportunities for driving sell out, and develop robust bespoke trade marketing plans in the accounts to drive growth on both brands. This should meet the objectives of both the account and Kérastase and Shu Uemura, and may include:
- Commercial agreements
- Bespoke education
- Bespoke marketing
- Manage account specific budgets in line with objectives and contractual obligations.
- Merchandising / retail opportunities
- Advice on PR exposure
- Establish barriers to entry from competitors
- Competitor Business
- Stay close to target competitor accounts
- Utilise all resources to demonstrate that Kérastase & Shu Uemura is the best solution for them to achieve their business goals
- Establish and deliver education plans in accounts, working closely with the Kérastase & Shu Uemura Education Executives, ensuring the expertise of the salon staff in using and recommending the ranges
- Achieve targets set by Commercial Manager
- Forecasting accurately using data analysis to identify risks and opportunities
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the marketplace, luxury brands and customers to ensure effective market intelligence
- Network with colleagues across the Professional Products Division to share best practice and maximise success in multi branded and prospect accounts
- A proven track record working with key accounts, either from a sales or education perspective is essential
- Understanding of a luxury environment, appreciation of superior service and the values of a luxury brand
- Commercial acumen supported by excellent negotiation skills
- Passion for educating others
- Presents confidently and demonstrates the ability to convince others
- Listens and interacts effectively with different interpersonal styles
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Builds effective relationships
- Focused on achieving objectives, able to adjust priorities, manage time, follow up on actions
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.
· Next steps following this role could be a move into National Accounts