Do you want an exciting and diverse job in an international and dynamic working environment? Are you ready to take responsibility and learn from your peers? Are you ready to challenge the status quo and think out of the box? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and dare to take responsibility? Then you might be just the talent we are looking for to strengthen our team as Nordic Merchandising Manager for NYX Professional Makeup (NYX PM).
As Nordic Merchandising Manager, your role is to build expertise of product exposure, brand visual image in point of sales, and promote merchandising best practices across Nordic markets. The role reports to the NYX PM Nordic Brand Champion.
Your key job accountabilities:
- Define Nordic merchandising visual and planogramming guidelines in line with international guidelines and Nordic brand strategy.
- Cooperate with our global head quarter and challenge the solutions suggested in order to optimize the Nordic assortment, merchandising and cost-efficiency
- Manage the development of standard in-store elements together with purchasing, based on the specific country and client needs
- Own and update the merchandising cassettes and visuals catalogues aiming at standardizing and rationalizing needs across markets
- Manage the assortment in close cooperation with the NYX PM Product Manager
- Develop necessary tools to manage and optimize the merchandising strategy, planogram work and timelines
- Strive for cost saving and harmonization objectives for permanent merchandising items
- Manage the yearly updates with suppliers and coordinate those with countries
- Manage cross-market merchandising valorization projects, provide country teams with strategic guidance, vision and tools.
- Manage and coordinate artwork for updates, brief print suppliers as well as coordinate with suppliers
- Ensure efficient coordination and flawless communication between Nordic brand marketing team, country merchandising managers and purchasing
- You have +2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably from the FMCG industry
- You have solid experience working within customer activation marketing or similar, such as strong retailer experience in merchandising is welcomed, or as relevant brand merchandising
- You have a great understanding of the Nordic consumer from a shopper perspective
- You have strong project management skills (building retro planning, budget, project group animation)
- You have sensitivity to detail and visual beauty
- You are fluent in English and preferably one of the Nordic language.
- You have a hands-on and pro-active approach and want to drive results
We are looking for our Nordic Merchandising Manager to start as soon as possible. The employment is a 1 year maternity cover. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply for a job at L’Oréal no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, with Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and L’Oréal Denmark counting for 500 employees.
Who are we?
L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents, and with its unique international portfolio of 34 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 26.9 billion euros in 2018 which corresponded to a 7,1% increase from 2017. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation.
We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. We believe in protecting our planet in order for us all to thrive, and L’Oréal’s sustainability strategy “Sharing Beauty With All” sets ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain. L’Oréal has been recognized by CDP® for our sustainability commitments and the Ethisphere Institute, for the standard of ethical business practices, a 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company®P;
Join L’Oréal. Lead the change.
Position ID: 52221080