L’Oréal Nordic seeks a talented communication professional to drive our external reputation at Nordic level.
Our mission is to be an open and trust-worthy source of information and preferred stakeholder partner and to embody L’Oréal’s continuous journey to be an ethical, sustainable, inclusive and innovative company. We want to be recognized as a strong and pioneering contributor to a more responsible and sustainable society and we believe that the way forward to succeed with this mission is built on human interaction, authenticity, sincerity and trust.
As External Communications Manager you are responsible for overseeing the implementation of external communication strategies. The duties include content creation and managing external communication channels like social media platforms, corporate websites, managing and executing external events and building our media relations across Nordics. In this role you will manage the Nordic communications strategy and execution for a wide array of corporate communication topics across the Nordics and support the divisions and brands when joint brand and corporate topics are applied through an integrative approach. The External Communications Manager reports to Nordic Corporate Affairs & Engagement Director.
- Contribute to the Nordic Corporate Communication Strategy and implementation, building the reputation of the Group over time.
- Build and implement a 360° external communication strategy in line with the business strategy and Group Communication strategy :
- Manage external communication, and the development of engaging content around our company; who we are and what we stand for, as well as our important corporate programs related to CSR, Philanthropy, DE&I, Innovation and Sustainability.
- Manage media relations, identify key publications, journalists and influencers.
- Draft press releases and speeches following organizational news
- Develop and manage owned corporate external channels (social media, digital channels, web)
- Assist internal spokespeople with communication guidance when engaged in external communication.
- Coordinate and project lead CSR & Philanthropy projects and events
- Collaborate with other teams and divisions to identify the public voice of the corporate brand
- Coordinate communication agencies.
- Maintain and develop on- and offline media monitoring and reporting.
- You have around 4-5 years of proven working experience in public relations and corporate communication, preferably within FMCG or equivalent industry. Alternatively, you have a background from a communication agency.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and multidimensional environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Established relationship with traditional media as well as social media influencers.
- Strong knowledge of social media, content creation and activation in paid, owned and earned channels.
- Experience as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in interviews and public presentations.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English and a Nordic language.
- Event planning experience.
- BA/MA degree in Communications or a related discipline is seen as an advantage.
We are looking for the Corporate Communications Manager to start as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great level of responsibility from the very start, challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of trainings and e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic and international working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and counting 500 employees.
Who are we?
Leading the world in beauty and pioneering the world of beauty tech; we are 85,4K employees across 150 countries on five continents and has a unique international portfolio of 35 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 38,28 billion euros in 2022, and e-commerce accounted for 28% of the Group’s sales. We push boundaries and move fast globally to stay ahead of the game. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship, and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation. Your job will be your own innovation playground.
What we do at L’Oréal always have a big impact. At L’Oréal, we define success as making a positive, conscious impact. We’ve been recognized as the World most ethical company in the world by Ethisphere®. For the seventh time in a row, L’Oréal has been recognized as a global leader in sustainable development by the international non-profit organization CDP® in three areas: combating climate change, sustainable management of water and protecting forests, for the fourth year running. In 2022, L’Oréal was for the 6th consecutive year recognized by the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for having successfully created an inclusive and equal work environment. We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. For us, our job is more than just a job, it is about building a better future for others and our planet.
Freedom to Go Beyond. That’s the Beauty of L’Oréal.