Do you have a strong interest in retail and the makeup market? Do you have experience in social media marketing and e-retail? Are you outgoing, driven and have an entrepreneurial mindset and attention to detail? If this sounds like you, then you might be just the colleague to join our American Retail brands team as Brand Manager on Urban Decay.
Urban Decay was founded in LA in the mid 90’s as an answer to the “boring” prestige market where pink, red and beige was the Norm. With a mission of offerin g “Beauty with an Edge” and still under the creative guidance of founder Wende Zomnir, UD is inspired by the seedier facets of the Urban landscape with names like “Roach”, “Smog”, “Rust”, “Oil slick” and “Acid Rain”. Since then UD has grown like crazy and is the No. 3 makeup brand in the US. The brand has never stopped experimenting and offers an endless array of high performance cosmetics, from velvety soft shadows and creamy lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day (and night).
As the Brand Manager for Urban Decay you will be part of the American Retail brands team leading and inspiring a dedicated UD field team and planning and orchestrating the brands launch and retail plan to achieve budgeted business goals. You will recommend, plan, brief and drive online , retail and social media activities to fuel the brand growth. You will also be responsible with the Brand Director for American Retail brands for the recommendation and implementation of a profitable business model. You will work closely with stakeholders in the European zone, commercial and PR teams as well as have direct contact with retailers. The role reports to the Brand Director of American Retail brands.
Your key job accountabilities:
- Defining the strategic direction of UD in Scandinavia and guide portfolio priorities, such as new launches, pillar products’ renewal and animation of core catalogue
- Taking ownership of international launches and create the right angle to adapt them locally to build an integrated and engaging consumer brand experiences.
- Being responsible for setting and following the brand P+L (including sales forecast; price strategy, profitability of the brand, P&L, etc.)
- Building business recommendations based on consumer and market insights
- Leading the brands strategy and initiatives with relevant stakeholders in digital, commercial, merchandising and communications
- Analyzing the business and market to summarize key learnnigs and recommendations for top management and lead in the preparation of and participation in key meetings (management, sales, zone)
- Developing , inspiring and motivating the UD “Purple team” in the field (Bas and sales consultants) to achieve success.
- You hold a relevant University or Masters degree within Marketing,
- Business or Communication
- You have 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- You have experience in retail and understand the importance of a customer experience off and online.
- You are autonomous and self driven and have the ability to manage and drive several projects and tasks simultaneously
- You thrive within a fast paced and dynamic working environment
- You have an analytical mindset and are comfortable with numbers and reporting
- You are able to travel on a monthly basis and work project based during certain peak times
- You are fluent in English and ideally one of the Scandinavian languages.
We are looking for our Scandinavian Brand Manager to start in as soon as possible. The employment is permanent. We are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply!
What’s in it for you?
We offer you an exciting position with great challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, an extensive catalogue of e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic working environment with engaged and passionate colleagues. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, with Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and L’Oréal Denmark counting for 500 employees.
With its unique international portfolio of 34 diverse and complementary brands, the Group generated sales amounting to 26.02 billion euros in 2017. As the world’s leading beauty company, L’Oréal is present across all distribution networks: mass market, department stores, pharmacies and drugstores, hair salons, travel retail and branded retail. Research and innovation, are at the core of L’Oréal’s strategy, working to meet beauty aspirations all over the world and attract one billion new consumers in the years to come. L’Oréal’s sustainability commitment for 2020 “Sharing Beauty With All” sets out ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain.
Join L’Oréal. Lead the change.