Do you want to work in an exciting and diverse job in an international and dynamic working environment? Are you ready to take responsibility, contribute, and further develop our company? Do you want to work for a listed company that highlights its ethical values? Then you might be just the one we are looking for to strengthen our Nordic Legal team.
As Legal Counsel, you will be primarily responsible for legal support to the Norwegian organisation. As a member of the Nordic Legal Team, you will also provide legal support to L’Oréal teams across the Nordic countries. The role reports to the Nordic General Counsel.
Your key job accountabilities:
- Provide legal advice across all divisions and functions of the company in all fields of business law, including competition law, marketing law and contract law
- Design, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements and other legal documents, including commercial, advertising, property and information systems contracts with clients, suppliers and partners
- Ensure compliance of the company’s activities with laws, regulations and group policies in force
- Support in legal proceedings (pre-litigation, litigation and/or settlement) in collaboration with relevant departments as well as with external counsels
- Conduct legal training across the divisions and functions of the company
- The mission includes regular travels to Oslo.
- You are fluent and have excellent communications skills in English and Norwegian
- You are a qualified lawyer, ideally in Norway alternatively in one of the Nordic countries, with minimum 3 years’ experience in a law firm or/and as in-house legal counsel
- You have solid experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements enabling you to handle a broad variety of agreements
- You have knowledge of competition law and marketing law
- You are able to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions
- You are a team player, open minded, autonomous and have good prioritization skills
We are looking for our new Legal Counsel to start as soon as possible. The employment is a maternity cover for 12-14 months. We are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on a rolling basis, so do not wait to apply! We welcome everyone to apply for a job at L’Oréal no matter your gender, ethnicity, physical abilities, religion or sexual orientation.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you great challenges and opportunities including an individual career plan, coaching leadership, an extensive catalogue of e-learnings, competitive personnel benefits, modern offices, and a dynamic working environment with engaged and skilled colleagues. We believe in people and are not afraid to develop young talents into leaders. Our Nordic organization counts close to 1000 employees based in the four Nordic capitals, with Denmark being the Nordic headquarter and L’Oréal Denmark counting for 500 employees.
Who are we?
L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents, and with its unique international portfolio of 34 brands. The Group generated sales amounting to 26.9 billion euros in 2018 which corresponded to a 7,1% increase from 2017. As market leader, we continuously deliver innovation and digital solutions that can bring beauty to all people around the world. L’Oréal truly embraces entrepreneurship and you’ll have the chance to conceptualize ideas and bring them to life in an agile way not least through continued digital innovation.
We believe diversity fosters creativity and accelerates innovation. To ensure that our products meet the needs of every form of beauty in every culture, our team members must be as diverse and inclusive as the world itself. We believe in protecting our planet in order for us all to thrive, and L’Oréal’s sustainability strategy “Sharing Beauty With All” sets ambitious sustainable development objectives across the Group’s value chain. L’Oréal has been recognized by CDP® for our sustainability commitments and the Ethisphere Institute, for the standard of ethical business practices, a 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company®
Join L’Oréal. Lead the change.
Position ID: 52241532