North America Manufacturing Supply Chain Job Description – Production Planner
An immediate full time opportunity for applicants who can come from anywhere in the US. Initial training program is in Clark, NJ for 2 -4 months. Seeking candidates who are mobile and willing to relocate.
Position Summary: Develop the short term schedule from the monthly production plan to optimize customer service, inventory and maximize efficient utilization of labor and production capacity.
- Develop daily short term schedule which allows customer service and equipment optimization
- Participate in the production plan validation
- Perform capacity analysis for labor and production equipment to determine feasibility for the production plan
- Ensure delivery and release of components to execute the schedule as planned
- Create packaging and processing work orders required by production plan
- Root Cause Analysis for component shortage and inventory discrepancies
- Accountable for conducting/reconciling regular physical inventories to maintain accurate system information
- Communicate and influence with all levels from operators to Plant Manager
- Manage the production rework process
- Clear communication and transparency with all risks to the production plan
- Maintain the master data accuracy based on production
- Update production recipes to reflect changes in machine capacity (i.e. including uptime and batch yield improvements)
- Provide and plan for bulk to service contract manufacturing activity
- Process Improvement projects as required
Technical Requirements & Personal Competencies:
- SAP experience preferred
- Advanced Excel strongly recommended (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs)
- Must have strong written/verbal and communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop short and long-range plans that meet established objectives and contribute to the overall goals and mission of the company.
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels and external suppliers.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
- Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding and have a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain discipline
- [1-5] years of experience in a planning capacity in supply chain
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.