Title: Transportation Planner
Transportation Planner is responsible for order management, transportation planning and analysis using a TMS. Planner is also responsible for on-time delivery of shipments to internal and external customer base. This position regularly interacts with various stakeholders; including but not limited to: on-site shipping personnel, promotional purchasing, MSL and manufacturing.
The Transportation Planner reports to the Manager of Transportation Planning and is responsible for planning all flows of raw materials into manufacturing facilities, finished goods from manufacturing facilities to L’Oreal DCs and to customers. Planner will plan all modes of transportation and will need to become an expert in use of TMS planning tools and some relevant functions in SAP. Planner will also need to develop relationships with carriers and L’Oreal facilities.
- Executing the use of the Transportation Management System (TMS) to provide scheduled ship dates with correct carrier routings to achieve on time arrival of shipments
- Actively search for ways to decrease transportation costs through aggregations, consolidations, volume quotes, mode selection, etc.
- Coordinate expedited and guaranteed service for on-time performance and reducing violation charges
- Analyze and recommend expedite opportunities and report costs and transit times to stakeholders
- Work with Customer Service teams, shipping docks and carriers to ensure smooth flow of information from order optimization to customer delivery.
- Liaison between Carriers and internal/external customers when issues arise.
- Provide internal and external clients with transportation costs and transit times to determine best route for projects, cost analysis, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain or related field
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Computer skills required, specifically for Microsoft Excel, Access and Outlook
- Experience preferred with SAP, and Transportation Management Systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.