Regional Brand & Education Manager
Job Title: Regional Brand & Education Manager- New England
Function: Sales / Education
Brand: L'Oreal Professionnel
Location: Field Sales & Education/Remote
Section 2: Job Summary
The Regional Brand & Education Manager (RBEM) has the responsibility to effectively manage sales, education and business development for L’Oréal Professionnel within their region. The RBEM will meet and exceed established sales goals through strategic business and education planning, management and coordination of educational events and experiences as well as partnership with distribution partners, and SalonCentric Drive Salon Success (DSS) team. As the sales and education lead for their region, the RBEM is responsible for leading the sales process to develop, communicate, and implement sales, education and business plans while managing to meet assigned fuel budgets. The RBEM shall also be responsible for identifying and securing new business. The RBEM shall lead the implementation of sales training, educational experiences, in-salon education plans and marketing programs all designed to drive sales within the region. The RBEM will also work with the Directors of Education to effectively recruit and develop artists based on territory needs.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- High School graduate. College graduates a plus.
- Current licensed cosmetologist with min. 5 years industry experience
- Superior technical hairdressing
- Excellent and proven outstanding selling, organization, and planning skills
- Proven ability to drive results through expert influencing skills across all levels of management
- Ability to analyze client business objectives and propose a solution that benefits both the brand and the client
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of Salon Centric / distributor organization
- An understanding of Salon Centric / Distributor educational planning as it relates to class policies, use of field, contract trainers and event P & L
- Ability to plan, develop, and adhere to budgets, for all field training activity and T&E
- Strong facilitation, coaching and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Budget management skills and the proven ability to manage a large geographic area
- Proficient in MS Office computer skills (PowerPoint presentations, Excel, Word, Outlook Calendar Management
- Must live in designated geographical territory
- Ability to travel extensively- on the road, work weekends and manage multiple markets
- Ability to be flexible and accept change and be a team player
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the L’Oreal Professionnel Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of L’Oreal Professionnel Education and Training.
- Participate in all corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings and Sales meetings.
- Supports L’Oreal Professionnel events, special accounts and shows as directed.
- Upholds L’Oreal Professionnel policies and procedures for all working relationships with salons.
- Attends and participates in all L’Oreal Professionnel Artist Training's.
- Maintains technical competence under L’Oreal Professionnel standards.
- Attends divisional meetings and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain the L’Oreal Professionnel Image as defined by the NYO.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our brand, distributor and account partners.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Extensive travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pound which may also require bending.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- SALES REVENUE, BUSINESS & EDUCATION MANAGEMENT:
Achieve, exceed annual sales objectives and key strategic metrics and management of Fuel Budget, and T&E budget
Customer Management of Existing Business:
- Expert knowledge of top customers, industry and market
- Regular meetings with Top 10 Salon Customers in collaboration to align on joint priorities and reinforce business and education support to drive results. Includes quarterly business reviews, joint education planning and reviews, monthly business results vs. goals.
- Lead the discussions, planning and execution of the education plans for all black elite and platinum level salons to drive sales and increase in salon market share. Includes recommendations and sales of Academy classes, Global Experiences and LPBF.
- Execution of National education initiatives including planning, management and ticket sales for Expert Network, Hair Fashion Event or Trend Events.
- Lead the discussions, negotiations, and renewals of VIP and commercial agreements
- Lead Pre-Call Planning and Post-Call Follow-Up including call recaps and written confirmation to client as appropriate
- Facilitate the following classes per needs of the salons and the territory: Fundamental Classes, Salon Emotion, the Brand Story (as defined by the New York office) and digital / social media classes.
- Execute social media influencer activation & partnership opportunities to drive the social strategy and business.
- Expand L’Oreal Professionnel education reach through social media and education events
New Business Development:
- Analyze overall business and develop and implement a strong, comprehensive business/education plan in partnership with SalonCentric, DSS, to identify new salon partners with greatest potential to drive profitable growth for the brand.
- Ensure a rolling target list of potential new salon clients and other potential channels worth $500K+ annually
- Lead and participate in New Partnership Events as Project Manager of the event and/or providing viable clients to attend the event with DBM’s attendance and follow up post event.
- Timely and accurate management of conquest planning through weekly updates of trackers, conference calls, and other communications as required
- INTERNAL TRAINING/DEVELOPMENT ARTIST RECRUITMENT
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Lead the management and communication of “Prestige Specialist Program” to ensure alignment with national program to drive accelerated results for the brand
- Provide Comprehensive Territory Plan for each Specialist to include sales goals, key initiatives, customer visit schedule, new business development
- Planned monthly field time with all Prestige Specialists in assigned region
- Lead Monthly Prestige Specialist Training
- Execute Weekly Prestige Specialist Webinars/Conference Calls
- Communicate actions needed, recognition, key initiatives
- Execute monthly sales meetings, webinars, salesforce.com to motivate, educate, and direct SalonCentric Managers and field sales team on brand initiatives, sales goals, KPI’s and promotions.
- Responsible for ongoing training and coaching of SalonCentric Managers, and field sales team on all brand knowledge and initiatives.
- Work in partnership with LP Training, DSS, and SalonCentric to support and execute trainings to elevate all stakeholders salon business acumen (PPD brand and SC)
- Annual development plan calls with Level 1 and 2 artists in defined territory to help artists grow in their career and provide coaching and feedback.
- Bi-annual artist trainings in defined territory to train on new product launches, key brand initiatives and skill based training in sales and facilitation.
- Actively participate in trainings as established by the NYO.
- Knowledge and communication of artist landscape through territory analysis of education needs in the market.
- Recruit artists in key markets where support is needed to grow existing business or in areas of high growth opportunity.
- Conduct artist interviews and auditions as needed by the market.
- Develop, prepare and manage a comprehensive rolling 90 day territory plan to include monthly sales goals, key initiatives, sales promotions, sales meetings, education, focus days, market leader events, and incentives to support the marketing calendar and new product introductions. This is a living document to share with L’OREAL Professionnel, SalonCentric, and DSS
- Monthly status commentary for territory
- Keep Outlook calendar current
- EMS event entry for field/education activities utilizing SalesForce.com
- T&E submitted in a timely manner as per policy
- Monthly fuel Checkbook management to manage to achievement of fuel budget
- Maintain Customer Profiles and Education Plans utilizing PowerPoint and/or MS Word
- Complete necessary tracking as per request utilizing MS Office programs such as Excel
- Pre/Post Key Meetings Recaps
- Manage VIP Agreements (renewals, preparation of document, finance reviews) & CAPEX
1. Sensitivity to Metier
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Achieves Results, with Integrity
4. Manages Complexity
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
6. Interacts Effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.