A Regional Sales Manager drives sales revenue to exceed budget by managing store accounts, influencing store associates while cultivating strong account relationships and providing necessary education to store associates and freelancers. When in-store, provide exceptional customer service to build and retain the customer base.
- Understand account visit strategy and plan by utilizing the call cycle for all scheduling purposes with stores. Work in-store daily during key selling and high-traffic hours.
- Review and analyze weekly tracking report to understand achievement by door and territory to budget, last year and comp goals. Collaborate with Area Sales Director quarterly to establish sales plans by door and territory.
- Archive and review last year’s events to ensure successful anniversary events within accounts and territory. Schedule, plan, execute and lead in-store events to correspond with product launches and initiatives. Work with Area Sales Director on planning.
- Set or meet deadlines for all requests including but not limited to: calendars, expense reports, event recaps, task lists, company learning courses and assignments. Complete and follow-through as committed and agreed upon with supervisor and retailer.
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase sales and improve customer experience while respecting retailer and company standards.
- Plan, Execute, and facilitate events within the region to increase sales and build brand awareness.
- Communicate and/or reinforce directive from Area Sales Director to accounts and freelance team so that information is given in both an accurate and timely fashion.
- Evaluate all stock, merchandising and space/location concerns within accounts and communicate to Area Sales Director.
- Recruit and hire freelancers that fit the brand image and culture. Train and motivate retail partners to meet and exceed sales budgets through education, coaching and strong follow-through.
- When in-store, demonstrate best practices and abide by company standards when demonstrating product, building a sale, maintaining cleanliness standards, respecting store standards, following policies and procedures and applying make-up.
- Evaluate freelancers monthly and collaborate with Area Sales Director to address performance concerns.
- Build and maintain relationships with store management through consistent communication using channels best suited for each location including in-person meetings, phone, email, WebEx or skype.
- Build and maintain relationships with Retailer District Manager and key retailer upper management. Maintain open communication through email and schedule in-person meetings when needed.
- Educate store associates on new product, company product focuses and monthly training directives by appropriately preparing for trainings for each account and associate skill level. Conduct informative, concise & motivating product trainings to influence sales.
- Create in-store demand for support through a dynamic presence when training, selling and hosting events.
- Observe client traffic flow and its impact on location in your stores so that you are prepared to give feedback when requested by your Regional Director.
- Understand and utilize stage-diving selling technique when working with customers.
- Understand account and daily sales goals, proactively using influence, selling system and motivational training techniques to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Work with Area Sales Director to plan and execute events to grow business in home markets.
The successful Regional Sales and Training Manager can adapt by using their organizational skills to prioritize tasks and be opportunistic in taking ownership of various projects. They have urgency to anticipate busy schedules and teamwork to communicate with other members of the department/store to complete assignments on time and accurately. Possess openness in their problem solving and integrity in their research to address effectively the needs of the company.
The Regional Sales and Training Manager Exhibits:
- Passion for Urban Decay product
- Passion for people in coaching & elevating them to sell
- They possess an aptitude for selling
- They possess basic math skills – including but not limited to adding, subtractaction, multiplication and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction and decimals, compute rate, ratio and percentage
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Regional Sales and Training Manager must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using but not limited to the below described skills:
- Excellent make-up application and artistry skills
- Superior verbal communication skills, strong written communication skills
- Team player and have the potential to evolve into a leader
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills
- Ability to openly accept feedback and utilize it for growth
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Duties may require travel and overnight stay
- Light lifting (less than 40 pounds)
- 10% travel within district, may include overnight stay
Education/Experience/ Licenses or Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years sales experience including coaching and training
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage related to sales and business acumen.
- Microsoft Office –Excel,, Word Explorer and Outlook
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.