Job Title: Manager – Continuous Improvement and Quality
Division: Consumer Products Division
Location: Walton, KY
Reports To: Sr. Technical Manager – Physical Flows
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
The Manager of Continuous Improvement and Quality will be responsible for measuring and testing procedures in the Distribution Center with an eye for improving operations efficiency. This role will drive improvement through oversight and management of the divisional quality system for the DC operations and fulfillment activity, including but not limited to inbound, outbound, process and data quality. This role will also manage capital projects for the location as they relate to the Site’s Master Plan and be responsible for ensuring compliance to local, state, federal, international, and customer requirements as they pertain to quality.
- Create logistics solutions and strategies to address the identified needs to improve DC Operations.
- Analysis, fact-finding, and problem solving is strongly required. Analysis requires assembling facts and evidence from variety of sources / data by applying the proper analytical methodology.
- Conceptualize / establish project plans (determine the parties to involve, map out the project plan / schedule, outline the pros and cons including benefit) and promote / implement.
- Serve as the project manager to plan, develop, and execute the scope, deliverables, required resources, schedule, budget, and sequencing for new solutions.
- Create standard operating procedures for each solution or initiative when executing the projects.
- Maintain and drive project standards of customer satisfaction, schedule, quality, cost, and performance.
- Drive End to End (E2E) quality with focus on customer needs.
- Drive a culture of E2E quality within the fulfillment center and assembly operations teams through active engagement, recognition, and training.
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of quality standards and expectations to assure E2E quality excellence.
- Provide technical support for development and execution of action plans to improve customer experience.
- Partner with corporate quality & Operations Excellence teams to implement and sustain E2E quality initiatives for both local and 3PL-managed fulfillment centers and assembly houses.
- Utilize technology to support a digital future to enable an improved consumer and customer experience.
- Support Physical Distribution on the continuous improvement journey within the network to reduce waste and improve the customer and consumer experience.
- Support on-going compliance and continuous improvement of the Quality Management system, including close-out of non-conformances identified during audits.
- Oversee inventory control and data quality management in the Physical Distribution network.
- Optimize warehouse layouts.
- Create financial models to weigh/assess distribution center alternatives.
- As needed, develop, and maintain warehouse labor standards.
- Ensure accurate traceability capabilities within the Physical Distribution network, including verifying traceability exercise.
- Drive improvements for inbound operations and work with vendors to ensure compliance to L’Oréal routing guide and logistics agreements.
- Facilitate the collection of quality metrics to support customer, financial and corporate scorecards.
- Oversee the quality audit programs for internal and external operations.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS Degree in an Engineering field or other related Science Field, preferably Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum:3-5 years of experience in a Quality/Operations/Continuous Improvement management role
- Experience with Development of Financial Models/ Cost Benefits Analyses.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Distribution, Supply Chain, and/or Warehousing.
- Experience with Manhattan WMS/LMS
- Previous roles working with external partners or managing external communication.
- Integrated Lean Six Sigma experience
- Data analytics skill set
- Experience with Distribution Center Automation Technologies.
- Ability to meet deadlines, have good organizational skills, work autonomously, and make decisions.
- Must have strong communication skills & presentation skills, including but not limited to MS Power BI, MS Excel, with strong understanding of CAD.
- Solid understanding of logistics and supply chain concepts and principles.
The physical demands listed below are those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and prioritize daily work loads
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, safety vest, steel-toed footwear, and gloves where applicable
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oréal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oréal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
- Demonstrate independent understanding and application of core GMP fundamentals, including but not limited to: Data Integrity (DI), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility regarding actions and reactions
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence, and negotiation skills
- Results oriented
- Must be willing to travel overnight
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
Youtube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube VideoYoutube Video