Urban Decay is seeking an Senior Account Manager to join our team in Newport Beach, CA.
The role of the Account Manager is to oversee the day to day business: support shipments through managing inventory, allocations, and orders; and drive retail sales through strategic sales analysis and pursing opportunities with events, marketing, merchandising, and inventory. Support the Account Director with the execution of strategies, maintaining outstanding relationships with the retailer, and partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Sales Reporting & Analysis
- Create weekly Stock Watch Memo
- Create and present Weekly Sales Report
- Analysis of mix of business and specific category tracking
- Run analysis on store-level inventory as needed
- Manage actual sales vs. budget for shipments and retail sales
- Other reports and analysis as needed
- Analyze New Product Launches, assortment, weeks of supply, allocations, etc.
- Partner with L’Oreal customer care team to manage PO’s & insure timely deliveries
- Manage all shipping for internal sales team (samples, merchandising, counter supplies, bags)
- Work with planner to insure stock levels by sku, and boosts to support events and new store openings
- Coordinate with internal demand planning and supply chain team to understand brand-wide inventory, secure allocations, and communicate retailer forecasts/needs.
- Manage the .com business
- Collaborate with retailer team to create marketing calendar (sample program, dedicated emails, ads, site updates, etc.) and evaluate appropriate marketing spend & mix
- Partner with UD creative team on updates: model photography, product shots, copy, and opportunities for new and exciting brand pages (travel, collections, new messaging, etc.)
- Will work with traffic/creative services to insure timely deliveries of e-commerce updates for macys.com.
- Analyze inventory: monitor inventory levels, allocations, and product sales performance.
- Continue to update with all sales information by week, promotional events, in-store events, new store openings, etc.
- Manage Marketing calendar in partnership with Account Director. Including Sampling program and GWPs.
- Create, submit and track all projects for marketing & merchandising
- Review & get approvals for ads & emails.
- Work with Account Director on current merchandising needs:
- Responsible for reviewing product assortment & sales to determine what gondola product changes will most positively impact sales.
- Manage seasonal updates and assortments with timely communication of planned changes.
- Maintain schedule for new door openings.
- Store-wide brand events:
- Facilitate the execution of nation-wide brand events. Support Events team with event coordination as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Will help facilitate and prepare for all sales meetings, pulling together analysis, documents, presentation, product, etc. as organized by Account Director.
- Placing no cost / collateral orders
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity. Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Understands the importance of relationship development
- Ability to understand the customer’s business and what drives their decision making
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage time wisely
- Passion for the position and industry
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in Beauty industry preferred
- SAP experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Light lifting (less than 30 pounds)
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red
and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this
monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired
by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one?
Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we
haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of
high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the
industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless
complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting
cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals
who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our
company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and
extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more
about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take
pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring,
training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran
status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.