Develop technically robust solutions with ability to create breakthrough product innovations. Work closely with managers/chemists/support groups to coordinate the implementation of hair style/manageability projects. Have the ability to work in a matrix organization and function in a team consensus environment with local R&I and International Teams.
- Develops new innovations and identifies breakthrough technologies for hair applications;
- Works closely with Innovative Raw Materials Department, suppliers, universities, research institutes to identify new raw materials & technologies with potential benefits for cosmetics applications;
- Drives projects from inception to completion with quality, timeliness, and professionalism;
- Manages multiple complex projects and coordinates efforts to meet timelines;
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing.
- PhD + 3 years of experience in relevant discipline; Chemistry, Biology, Material Sciences, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering or related fields.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Expertise in chemistry/material science, understanding surface-interface properties and surface characterization. Experience in different industries (biomedical/bio-sensing, medical, space exploration, food packaging, coatings/additives, textile, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of formulation of surfactant and polymer systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share and teach in the area of expertise.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Able to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.