Senior Chemist - Haircare
Propose, create and develop new products in line with quality and safety guidelines, ensuring compliance with market launch times. Maintains awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment. Coordinates multiple projects and operations with field of scientific or technical expertise.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Experienced researcher responsible for initiating project concepts, developing objectives, plans, assigning priorities, and completing multiple and significant projects under limited supervision. Independently investigates/resolves research problems/issues.
- Mobilize and coordinate those involved in projects internally and externally.
- Ensure implementation of necessary technical resources to meet targets and deadlines.
- Develops and refines formulas; performs product stability on all formulas and resolves stability issues. Monitors the quality and conformity of formulas.
- Anticipate and lead with creativity and resourcefulness to identify and propose solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing. Optimizes processes and formulation to address formulation, performance, or scale-up concerns.
- Adapt innovative technologies from other areas to the field of expertise/métier.
- Plan and execute appropriate technology or raw material in-vitro or in-vivo validation
- Promote L’Oreal expertise through publications, conferences, internal and external scientific networks. Prepare reports/summaries/presentations summarizing the work and communicate to appropriate audiences.
- Provide scientific expertise and play an advisory role to ensure projects run smoothly; act as a project champion
- Provide training and mentoring to technical project staff. May supervise technical staff on project basis.
- Identify, review, and file patents.
- Advanced knowledge in relevant scientific and technical field/métier, specifically pertaining to surfactant and emulsions chemistry.
- Intermediate knowledge of product innovation and development processes
- Advanced communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Excellent collaborative skills to lead a project team and share expertise within and across métiers.
- Advanced formulation, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Intermediate knowledge of all applicable IT and R&I laboratory system, including DOE
Masters degree in science with 8+ years experience preferably in cosmetics/consumer product industry; or PhD with 5+ years relevant experience in relevant scientific discipline.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US on a long-term basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.