The Senior Manager, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) will lead the Google paid search engine marketing strategy, optimization, and analysis for the Active Cosmetics Division brands (ACD)– CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche-Posay, Dermablend, and Vichy.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that ACD brands leverage paid search to build awareness to prospective consumers, ensure efficiency in paid search campaigns, and ensure brand impression share is maximized. The candidate must be data-driven, highly analytical, and consumer minded. The role reports into the Director of Media and Data Activation for the Active Cosmetics Division.
- Hands on management of Google Adwords platform to ensure campaigns are properly set-up and routinely optimized to ensure maximum efficiency
- Manage paid search budgets of ACD brands on Google and Bing platforms
- Partner with Ecommerce leads to drive increased revenue through ACD DTC websites with efficiency
- Provide oversight and guidance to brand marketing team on keyword bidding strategies on branded and non-branded terms
- Responsible for ensuring that paid search KPIs meet or exceed benchmarks and goals (CPC, ROAS, CTR, etc)
- Conduct keyword research to inform campaign builds across Google’s various paid search products (Adwords, PLAs, etc.)
- Ensure ad word copy is implemented and optimized according to best practices
- Media plan proposals and deliverables: definition of brand objectives on search engine marketing, budgets, media flow, recommended keywords, ad copy and campaign structure for brand approval
Weekly reporting of paid search performance to brand stakeholders
- Proactive research and suggestion of new performance marketing opportunities in Google and Bing (white space opportunities for brands)
- Division point-of-contact to search agency
- Collaboration with Media & Data Activation lead to leverage 1P data for more efficient consumer targeting
- Collaborate with e-retailer search teams to ensure strategic bidding between brand sites and e-retailer sites
- Translate brand objectives into winning paid search strategies aligned to KPIs
- Must have advanced analytical skills for deep analysis of search trends, campaign performance, KPI optimization opportunities
- Must be able to present complex material to a diverse group of marketers and stakeholders in both written and verbal form. Ability to interact and present to all levels of the organization, including top management.
- Ability to work cross functionally between Ecommerce, Marketing, CRM, and Data Activation to help ensure the maximum performance of media activations
- Knowledge in the following tools/systems:
- Expert level Google Adwords knowledge
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Highly proficient in Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
- Highly proficient in search tools (BrightEdge, SEO Rush)
- Proficient in Bing Ads
- Google Adwords Certified
- Proven track record driving paid search strategies and maximizing search KPIs
- A facilitator and collaborator; able to work in fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proficient in SEO strategy and methodology
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics. MBA preferred, not required.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience with 3+ years in data driven marketing / media
- Consulting firm or digital agency experience a plus
- Beauty industry experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.