Senior Chemist US Powder DEVELOPMENT Lab
L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
This position will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for multiple projects within a formulation development group in the R&I laboratory. This person will lead projects and be responsible for the management and leadership of multiple development and technology projects, providing both technical input and strategic manner of working in a highly collaborative environment. A high degree of initiative is expected to assess new areas and directions critical for product development and future success. Strong personal management skills to lead direct and provide success of projects is a key requirement for this position.
- Master's degree in a science major
- Advanced formulation knowledge, specific to powder cosmetics.
- Advanced technical knowledge of cosmetic processing.
- 3+ years color experience
- Possesses strong collaboration and communication skills to build relationships with key partner groups such as Pilot, Packaging, and Marketing etc.
- Demonstrates ability to lead teams in an aligned goal.
- Effective communicator of ideas, project goals, and expected results.
- Highly motivated and independent thinker who works well in a faced paced environment and who seeks to go beyond their current knowledge and skill set in order to solve problems, resolve issues, and ensure goals are met.
- Participates and/or leads as a departmental representative in inter-departmental teams and senior management meetings.
- Ability to problem solve and drives for resolution quickly to ensure project success.
Demonstrates flexibly, resolve and positive outlook fit a face paced environment and ensure success of projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.