Job Title Director, Medical Relations, La Roche-Posay
Division: Active Cosmetics Division
Location: Field Force (Remote)
Reports To: VP, Medical Relations
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Active Cosmetics, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Posay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals offering a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
What You Will Do:
- Delivers scientific training to HCPs and Media regarding current and future adjunctive therapies and skincare solutions developed and commercialized La Roche-Posay. Supports product launches to service HCPs as needed both in-person, distribution of material by email, webex and other platforms as needed. Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers in tandem with head of Medical Relations to ensure the scientific information needs of healthcare professionals are met.
- Provides comprehensive medical and scientific support for La Roche-Posay products by serving as an internal expert for marketing, education, and field-based team members.
- Key responsibilities include gathering and synthesizing external insights, tracking and developing scientific MD launch content and tools (posters, scientific slides, article publication development, writing, editing, or overseeing medical writers) to support the tactics of DMI and US strategy; serving as an expert resource to support healthcare professional requests for scientific information related La Roche-Posay products or disease areas. Interfaces with key customers, and opinion leaders to successfully meet the customer’s needs.
- Work with Medical Relations and KOLs to seed investigator initiated trials for region-specific data (i.e. effect of climate or pollution on Atopy and Psoriasis). Work with Medical Relations and Sales on the development of Patient Experience programs on core and new products.
- Serves as internal medical and scientific resource responsible for developing strategic communications and other materials supporting product information. Works with head of Professional Marketing & Relations for La Roche-Posay to share relevant scientific information internally from journal articles to keep the various teams aware of scientific news within the dermatology space.
- Supports the use of La Roche-Posay products through Dermatology HCP advocacy development and implementation of peer influence programs. Develops and maintains strong scientific knowledge of the current competitive landscape and competitive messaging. Upon request, presents data on La Roche-Posay science and products to healthcare professionals (scientific peer to peer) including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals. Provides approved information to customers to ensure access to current medical and scientific information as necessary. Upon requests, can assist or lead regional speaker bureau or online training programs in support of La Roche-Posay scientific information and products and services.
- Supports advisory events to ensure accuracy of and clinician access to up-to-date scientific and clinical data. Attends medical congresses to develop relationships, build advocacy, and present key data. Represents and La Roche-Posay at scientific congresses and/or advisory boards in association with Medical & Professional Relations. Supports Hospital Programs by educating staff on the clinical portfolio LRP for various patient types.
- Serves as an internal and external (HCP) expert and actively supports Medical Relations initiatives. Develops content and delivers scientific training to field-based commercial HCP stakeholders. Collaborates with colleagues to contribute to strategy development and medical communication pieces (posters, publications, slide decks) in collaboration with DMI Scientific Affairs, R&I, and with insights provided by KOL consultants. [35%]
- Upon request, present data on La Roche-Posay products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals. Upon request, provide appropriate medical and/or scientific information to address the unsolicited questions raised by customers. [35%]
- Support research or business development initiatives as requested by La Roche-Posay and CeraVe Medical Affairs and Marketing Departments. Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to support developing communications and other materials on product information. [15%]
- Coordinates the gathering external insights from Medical & Media Relations and synthesizes information to present a Medical & Media Relations perspective to the broader La Roche-Posay organization (US Operational Marketing, DMI, Training & Education). [15%]
What We Are Looking For:
- Advanced Clinical/Science degree or professional credentials required (MD, PhD, PharmD, PA, NP and/or scientific background/experience)
- Minimum of 2 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, clinical or scientific training, academic research, and regulatory/scientific).
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Medical organization with preference for dermatology or oncology
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually
- Ability to develop and execute key strategies
- Strong analytical skills and presentation skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Experience performing research and/or analyzing clinical research data
- Proven ability to develop relationships with physicians and other Healthcare Professionals
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to support 70% travel schedule
- Experience in Medical/Cosmetic Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Cellular Biology, and/or Facial Aesthetic disciplines strongly desired.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.