Job Title: Sr Mgr - Consumer Engagement (PR, Influencer & CSR)
Division: L’OREAL Luxe
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Reports to: Dir, Consumer Engagement
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as IT Cosmetics, Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent and Giorgio Armani.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Manager of Consumer Engagement will be responsible for developing creative and business-driving influencer marketing strategies for IT Cosmetics across the brand’s skincare and makeup portfolios. The incubment will also be responsible for managing the brand’s go-to-market tactic execution across Advocacy & Influencer Marketing, Influencer Affiliate Marketing, Eventing and Cause Marketing. This person will also partner closely with cross-functional teams including Social & Content, US Marketing and the Consumer Activation teams to maximize US initiatives and will co-manage external agency partners to develop all influencer marketing programming.
This role reports into the Director, Consumer Engagement and works closely with the assistant manager and coordinator to execute best-in-class Advocacy & Influence strategy and tactics. This role has one direct report – Coordinator, Consumer Engagement (PR & Influencer).
- Develop Advocacy & Influencer strategy to drive brand love, awareness, and conversion to support key business priorities
- Manage all Influencer Marketing initiatives and aspects of the brand’s go-to market 360 plans from strategy, through activation and reporting results both internally and on Traackr
- Manage the A&I budget and product forecasting
- Partner with CE Director and DMI CE Team on US strategy of the evolution of the brand’s cause campaign Confidence at Work in year 2 and beyond
- Directly manage Coordinator and mentor Assistant Manager, and closely collaborate with social media leads to ensure cohesive storytelling across all CE initiatives
Influencer Marketing Management:
- Identify new and emerging influencers while simultaneously maintaining and growing relationships with key influencers and influencer management companies
- Oversee the updating & maintenance of influencer database on Traackr
- Develop always-on nano/micro influencer strategy to increase awareness and advocacy
- Co-manage top-tier/VIP strategy and talent in partnership with Director
- Lead or manage the influencer negotiation/contracting and briefing process directly with influencer managers, internal legal team, and any 3rd party influencer agencies
- Collaborate with Consumer Activation Team on all paid social media campaigns and activations to ensure alignment for maximum reach and results across organic, paid and earned
- Oversee competitive analysis reporting to ensure ITC is acting as a leader in the space
- Support and attend Influencer-related and industry events as needed
Affiliate Influencer Marketing:
- Continue to develop and execute ITC’s influencer affiliate program that drives revenue and accelerates IT Cosmetics’ DTC business, under the direction of the Director of Consumer Engagement
- Collaborate with Marketing and Digital teams to align on brand priorities and key D2C moments to properly plan affiliate programming
- Analyze results to determine creator strategy for upcoming campaigns
- Strategize full year mailer program that elevates the brand and is sustainable
- In partnership with Assistant Manager, manage vendors and fulfillment center to execute large volume of influencer product mailers and requests
- In partnership with Assistant Manager, track mailer metrics
- Approve all seeding strategies, product forecasts and inventory oversight for all new and existing product launches
- Lead the event strategy to create unique eventing experiences that builds brand love and fuels advocacy
- Oversee Production company and lead all communication and feedback
- Oversee development of internal invite lists, event ROS, attendee facebooks, etc.
- Lead invite outreach on behalf of the brand in partnership with the team
- Lead event recap and report on ROI
Confidence at Work Cause Campaign
- Co-manage and drive US programming and execution of Confidence at Work in partnership with Director & DMI Consumer Engagement Team
Reporting & Presentations:
- Lead the quarterly CE Team report featuring key influencers wins & strategies and reporting back on key metrics and ROI surrounding influencer marketing programming
- Assist Director in dissecting and reporting back on DBPI, CoolIQ, etc.
- Assist Director and VP with development of reports and presentations for company & divisional leaders
- Develop and deliver GTM strategies to US team
- Analyze and share insights from the L’Oreal USA CDMO/COE reports that highlight influencer activity internally and externally
What We Are Looking For:
- 7-9 years of experience in public relations/communications in agency or in-house, excluding internships. Experience in beauty communications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-versed in the influencer space, including familiar with key talent and content trends
- Familiar with affiliate marketing platforms like ShopStyle, RewardStyle and MagicLinks
- In-depth knowledge and experience with all major social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram/Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, SnapChat and emerging platforms like BeReal
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong understanding and passion for the beauty and cosmetic industry
- Strong relationship with creators and management teams
- Strong understanding in budget management
- Managerial experience preferred (either direct report and/or management of agency)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to analyze data in terms of conversion and content performance
- Experience with negotiation and managing vendors and partners
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel + data analysis platforms like Google Analytics.
- Ability to travel when needed
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $117,300 - $164,200
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.