Design, plan and execute all phases of store design for NYX freestanding stores, gondolas, shop in shops and open sell environments that achieve the brands’ standards for image, function, marketing and merchandising strategies.
- Close working partnership and strong open communication with the following internal groups: Creative, Purchasing, Creative Ops team and Retail Excellence teams.
- Adapt global design standards to meet US market-specific needs, including the design of any US specific store fixtures.
- Project management / execution of all phases of the design project: including overseeing timelines and meeting deadlines; obtaining approvals and seeing project through from start to completion.
- Demonstrate an understanding of materials, cost, and time requirements on projects. Have ability to design within budget guidelines and provide value engineering as required.
- Strong understanding of visual merchandising / merchandising required, to ensure store design and product presentation is seamless. Must possess understanding of shelf, accessory and componentry materials, merchandising systems.
- 2-5 years’ experience in design, store planning, architecture and or industrial design within the cosmetics or fashion arena. Strong graphic design sensibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or higher or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills: On Mac platform; Adobe Creative Suite, Maya or equivalent 3-D drawing program a plus, all Microsoft Office programs. AutoCAD, 3-D rendering- Sketch up and or other rendering software
Required Personal Skills:
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple departments; ability to accept creative input / feedback .
- Ability to work successfully in a strong team environment; contribute ideas, be persuasive / defend design solutions whilst remaining flexible and open to others points of view
- Confidently interact with customers, peers, and cross functional teams
- Superior organizational skills; handle multiple projects, and ability to adjust to pressing priorities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.