SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
POSITION: Supervisor - Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
General responsibilities include project and budget management of site services and repairs, including selection of contractors in bid process, and assigning or performing preventative maintenance on warehouse equipment and facility. This position manages the work of 1-3 maintenance technicians and all 3rd party vendors and contractors in a multi-shift environment with some weekend activities.
- Troubleshoot all electrical and mechanical issues and ensure that unscheduled repairs of equipment are completed with minimal down time.
- Ensure that scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment are routinely performed.
- Evaluate problems, develop solutions and determine modifications necessary for existing and new equipment to improve the functioning of machinery and the process.
- Manage the budget for the maintenance department.
- Evaluate and select vendors for repairs, ensuring that projects are completed on time and on budget the first time.
- Ensure that all recommended safety program changes pertaining to maintenance activities are executed.
- Establish preventive maintenance program for conveyors, forklifts, and key facility equipment using CMMS software to manage tasks and resources.
- Source and maintain all maintenance inventory.
- Ensure that inspections of floor equipment are completed.
- Associate’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Must have technical knowledge to troubleshoot and repair machinery, electrical and controls in all areas of the distribution center.
- Experience managing inventory and budgets for a multi-line manufacturing facility or large distribution center.
- Ability to read, interpret and train others on documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, schematics and procedure manuals.
- Ability to manage others in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must follow all safety rules and ensure that subordinates also comply with wearing protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves), safety vests and personal fall protection equipment.
- Electrical troubleshooting experience of 24v DC and 110/208/480v AC preferred.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.