Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
How do you transfer millions of products from factories across the globe to the shelf of our retailers in store? It’s a complex and fascinating operation, and as an L'Oréal Supply Chain and Operations intern you’ll be helping to sharpen and improve the process across our multi-national operation.
You’ll be expected to liaise with third parties, keep track of our stock levels and make sure that when a customer decides to buy from us, our high quality products are sat on the shelf waiting for them.
- Liaise with European factories, international third party suppliers and other teams internally to maximise product availability
- Communicating between subcontracting/third party teams to understand stock movements for products
- Communicate with the Market Supply Logistics (MSL) to foresee any possible delivery issues between the international factories and Distribution Centres which may impact the UK or the International Zone Logistics team
- Work closely with Marketing and Commercial teams in the UK or International Zones to understand the need for stock levels and therefore accurately forecast the potential of our products and maximise service levels to our customers
- Contribute to the performance and strategic development of our Distribution Centres and driving forward continuous improvements within Supply Chain innovation
- Management of daily reporting on behalf of the planning
- Management & reduction of slow moving stocks
- Month end & ad-hoc reporting on stock, service levels and forecast accuracy
- Build and develop relationships with customers to understand demand and resolve any operational issues which may occur
- Analyse the existing gaps in the processes and working towards improving efficiency and reporting details within the planning team
- A logical and rational mindset; simplifying complex problems and offering clear and effective solutions
- Capacity to understand the bigger business picture
- A technical mind but keen to work within the heart of a business
- Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
- Ability to work closely with all internal departments, Sales and Marketing, Customer Services, the Warehouse, IT and Finance, requiring the need to be a proactive team-player, and be able to build relationships quickly
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.