Fonction professionnelle: Operations
Type de poste: Apprenticeship
Type de contrat: Full - Time
Join our Manufacturing Process teams!
*** Starting September 2019 ***
It is 10:30 AM, Anthony finishes a phone call with a manager from Research & Innovation department, who finalizes the development of a new formula. During a team meeting, his manager asks him a risk analysis on that new formula. He also has to suggest a new manufacturing process for that future product launch. In addition, his manager asks him to think about the industrial feasibility of an innovative process. Anthony begins to work on these challenging projects!
Like Anthony, you are passionate about Process engineering and you want to experience it concretely in the teams of the Beauty leader? You want to participate in achieving excellence for our products? Our internships are made for you!
L'Oréal has an ambitious objective for 2020: to reach a new billion consumers. As an industrial company, we produce nearly 7 billion finished products each year through our 41 factories around the world. Industry 4.0 is our core strategy Sustainability is at the heart of all our projects.
As part of Quality expertise, Pilot and Innovation Process teams are closely involved in product development. They facilitate the massive industrialization of our formulas while constantly seeking innovation and agility. They also optimize development and manufacturing processes. The Innovation Process team focuses on implementation of innovative processes from scratch whereas the Pilot team are the link between the formula proposed by Research and Innovation and the Manufacturing.
Several internship offers are available in this field.
As part of your missions, you can for example:
· Manage risk analysis on formulas proposed by Research & Innovation
· Elaborate the manufacturing processes for each product launches
· Manage extrapolation tests between several manufacturing processes or between several formulas
· Optimize the existing manufacturing processes
· Develop methods of characterization for cosmetic products
· Test the industrial feasibility of an innovative process and propose an industrialization strategy
· Co-develop new processes by working closely with our formulation laboratories
What we offer :
· You are studying at an Engineering School / a Chemical School / University Bac +4/5 with a specialization in Process Engineering and solid knowledge in Chemistry.
· You speak English on a professional level.
· With excellent interpersonal skills, you are able to communicate with many counterparts.
· Result oriented, you are creative and innovation-centric.
· Curious, you are proactive, have convictions and an ability to defend them.
Are you ready for the adventure? Don’t wait any longer and apply!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the recruitment process like?
Our recruitment process is two-fold:
· The HR Interview: this is a phone or a skype interview. Always an exploratory discussion, the recruiter will guide you into a broad conversation to know you better and to spot the métier, division and brand within which you will be able to better express your potential.
· The manager interview: there are two options: it can be during a recruitment day called A Taste of L’Oréal or during an individual interview. You will have the opportunity to meet your potential future manager and to convince him/her that you are the best fit! It is also a great occasion to ask questions.
What is the level of responsibilities for an intern at L’Oréal?
Being an intern at L’Oréal means being part of a team as a full member, with a real scope and responsibilities. Your manager is there to develop and help you throughout your internship but of course, the main actor is you!
Be proactive, propose your ideas, take initiatives, innovate and have fun!
How are interns coached at L’Oréal?
As an intern, you will have access to our dedicated integration program: Internpreneurs. It is both a physical platform (Welcome Coffees, mid-internship and end-of-internship reviews) and a digital platform: who’s who, e-learnings, useful documents and more!
Can I be hired after an internship?
With more than 300 recruitments (interns and apprentices) in 2018, the Operations are more dynamic than ever among the L’Oréal Group. Besides, our interns and apprentices are the first pool for our recruitments, so yes, why not you?
I do not know a thing about cosmetics: do I stand a chance?
Less than a third of our interns have had a previous experience in the beauty or fashion industry. Being sensitive to cosmetics is indeed an asset however; we give more credit to other essential qualities such as entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, ability to question everything and dare or a desire to gain impact on a market.