POSITION: Inbound Supervisor DEPARTMENT: Warehouse
REPORTS TO: Operations Director LOCATION: Tejon Ranch, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
We are seeking an Inbound Supervisor to oversee the receiving and material handling team of approximately 25 people. The inbound team schedule is Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, and overtime as needed, at our Tejon Ranch, California Distribution Center, located at 5337 Wheeler Ridge Rd., Unit A, Arvin, CA 93203.
General responsibilities include supervision of the receiving and material handling processes and responsibilities include safety, on time receipt and put-away of receipts, complete on time receipt of returns, achieve productivity and labor cost targets, establish high performing team and housekeeping that is tour ready condition at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads a cohesive and effective team within the Inbound department by managing and developing employees (including performance feedback, coaching and reviews, training & development, hiring, payroll/timekeeping, terminations, and counseling) to achieve high quality results and productivity aligned with SalonCentric’s goals and company values
- Responsible for achieving continuous improvement in productivity and labor costs by setting expectations, providing feedback, establishing improved processes and driving change
- Responsible for learning all functional areas in the operation to support warehouse productivity and output.
- Ensures receiving team members abide by safety procedures and use proper protective equipment. Provide frequent communications on safety related subjects and encourage and act on ideas that can improve safety performance.
- Periodically audit general warehouse employee safety compliance through MESUR process
- Being accessible, responsive and resolving issues in a timely manner for both internal and external customers
- Oversees efficient execution of Replenishments, Putaways, Negatives, Bin to Bin moves, Consolidations and other crucial material handling processes.
- Monitors and ensures the daily cycle counts; scheduling all incoming freight; and delivering all incoming packages/letters
- Maintains tracking and controlling inbound manifest
- Manages the daily productivity information for Dashboard
- Ensures the monthly reports completion
- Responsible for achieving on time and accurate receipt and put-away of receipts
- Monitors daily housekeeping of the facility
- Coordinates with leadership staff the movement of employees thru-out the facility to achieve service and cost objectives
- Performs other duties and tasks as needed upon request.
- Oversee on time and accurate completion of customer returns
- Administers on time and accurate breakdown of pre-packs requested by Purchasing, as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- High School or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 2 - 3 years of people and warehouse leadership experience.
- Hands-on management experience in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
- Previous forklift experience required; minimum of 2-3 years.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Valid state driver’s license, with good driving record within the previous 5 years
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations required.
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- A generous benefits package with a strong company match.
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. Visit us at www.saloncentric.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.