The role of the Account Manager is to oversee the day-to-day business of Macy’s and Nordstrom, with a focus on inventory management through supervising stock on hand, out-of-stocks, allocations, purchase orders and shipments. Drive retail sales through strategic sales analysis and reporting, and pursing opportunities with events, marketing, merchandising, and inventory. Support the overall growth of Macy’s and Nordstrom (stores and ecommerce) businesses by executing both the brand strategy and the retailer strategy. Support the Account Director in the execution of strategies, maintaining outstanding relationships with the retailer, and partnering with cross-functional teams. This role will also serve as an administrative support to the Macy’s Senior Account Manager, assisting as needed with tasks such as gratis packouts, shipments, PRPD sample organization, etc.
- Inventory Management and Planning
- Manage inventory flows and fulfillment with a 360-degree awareness of stock levels, inventory delivery, purchase order shipment, and appropriate timing of new launch fulfillment
- Work closely with brand and retailer planning teams to plan and forecast new launch inventory levels and sell-through timing, basic replenishment needs, sampling allocation and delivery, and stock level management on both a total and a by-door level
- Coordinate with internal demand planning and supply chain teams to understand brand-wide inventory, secure allocations, and communicate retailer forecasts/needs
- Focus on individual store inventory needs and uphold a model stock level for each door
- Communicate detailed and precise monthly and seasonal allocations to retailer buying and planning teams in a timely manner
- Sales Reporting and Analysis
- Execute reporting in Microsoft Excel by the required deadlines with an extremely high level of accuracy, reliability and consistency
- Track and report on sales weekly; present sales analysis to upper management and sales team in weekly meetings
- Consistently and accurately maintain all tracking reports pertaining to weekly and seasonal business
- Analyze mix-of-business and specific category selling
- Maintain and publish a monthly stock report
- Manage Macy’s and Nordstrom eCommerce Business
- Collaborate with retailer teams to create marketing calendar (sample program, dedicated emails, ads, site updates, etc.) and evaluate appropriate marketing spend and mix
- Partner with UD creative team on updates: model photography, product shots, copy, and opportunities for new and exciting brand pages (travel, collections, new messaging, etc.)
- Work with Creative Operations to ensure timely deliveries of e-commerce updates
- Work closely with in-house Creative teams to execute all visual and copy needs of the retailer
- Manage marketing calendar in partnership with Account Director, including sampling and dramming initiatives
- Create, submit and track all projects for marketing and merchandising
- Review and get approvals for direct mail pieces, ads and emails
- Consistently and proactively maintain a media binder for each retailer to track and archive placements
- Attend all weekly merchandising meetings and understand the nuances of each store location
- Analyze sku selling by placement and make merchandising recommendations based on sales
- Manage seasonal updates and assortments with timely communication to retailer of planned changes
- Be fully immersed in all pieces of new store openings, including merchandising, inventory, education, events, etc.
- Store-Wide Brand Events:
- Lead a biweekly meeting with Events team to touch base about retailer events
- Support brand Events team with event coordination as needed
- Work to ensure inventory is appropriately replenished following events
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Help facilitate and prepare for all sales meetings: pack gratis, compile marketing books, ship samples and coordinate meals and meeting rooms as needed
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations along with all needed analysis to be presented at retailer meetings
- Place and monitor delivery of all no-cost and collateral orders
- Work with brand field team to understand store-level needs and find solutions as issues arise
- Manage setup of all new items in GXS catalog
- Create all merchandising, marketing, and product development work orders, and act as sales/creative operations liaison
- Order, manage, organize and maintain all PRPD samples
- Track and process all contracts, chargebacks and deductions through brand Finance department
- Provide seasonal gratis and training sheets to counter staff to coincide with seasonal launches
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business needs. Other duties may arise as assigned.
The individual must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to take initiative and react to the demands of the brand and retailer. A collaborative attitude is required, and candidate must be willing to participate in tasks at all levels as needed by the brand. A genuine sense of optimism and a determination to find solutions and alternatives in all situations is essential. And a strong commitment to accuracy, along with an understanding of the consequences of inattention to detail and inaccurate reporting, is critical to the individual’s success.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Understanding of the importance of relationship development
- Ability to understand the customer’s business and what drives their decision making
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage time wisely
- Passion for details and a commitment to accuracy
- Passion for the position and industry
- Goal-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills
Undergraduate degree required
5+ years relevant work experience
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). A demonstrated high level of Microsoft Excel proficiency is required.
Excellent analytical skills
Planning and/or buying experience preferred
Experience in cosmetics industry preferred
SAP experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Light lifting (less than 30 pounds)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.