Head of Data & CRM (Fixed Term Contract)
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our 7 global brands: L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, Pureology, Shu Uemura and Pulp Riot, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
Highlights of the role:
As the Head of Data & CRM you will manage a team responsible for the strategic direction of B2B Data Activation and our in-house CRM in PPD. You will build a roadmap to drive the growth of salon & stylist business and our O+O relationships, focussing on customer acquisition, loyalty & retention. In addition you will support delivering B2B2C CRM solutions via salon software providers and act as a consult for 2P CRM plans with our key customers.
You, and your team of CRM and Data experts, will work closely with business stakeholders to improve marketing communications across all channels from your knowledge of the customer and performance analytics. Partnering with the brand marketing, education and e-commerce teams to complete exciting projects and initiatives with an always-on approach to building engagement, loyalty loops, retention, and customer lifetime value.
As the pilot country for a new PPD data project, Pro360, you will lead the strategic thinking and implementation alongside the global team. The objective: to integrate our B2B databases, enabling sophistication of our customer segmentation, personalisation and bespoke user journeys.
• Be passionate about the customer journey, loyalty and retention and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
• Align and work closely with the marketing, education, commercial and e-Commerce teams on the strategic activation of PPD customer and consumer data.
• Build our PPD B2B database and CRM activation plan with the zone Pro360 team, ensuring UK needs are met and best practices are shared with other countries.
• Manage CRM experts who are responsible for activating tailored communications to our customers and an insights manager to find opportunities for growth within our B2B data (and support with data cleaning).
• Manage creative agencies to deliver your visions. From the design to the technical ambition of your campaigns.
• Contribute to weekly and monthly reports with commentary and insights from reporting platforms to guide the future of the CRM marketing channel. Advise on what went well and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Be proactive and keep ahead of the latest trends and competitor communications, providing feedback to the team on what others are doing in the industry and how we can improve.
• Work as a consultant for wider PPD B2C Data & CRM projects – e.g. deliver salon’s own CRM to their customers; support commercial team with their key accounts CRM plans.
• Become a trusted and well-informed ambassador for Data & CRM across the division.
• >Demonstrable experience in a similar role (CRM, Data, Digital Marketing)
• Deep knowledge of customer journeys, customer data & building data activation strategies
• Extensive experience in stakeholder and agency management and influencing
• Excellent communication (written and verbal skills)
• Strong problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
• Positive attitude and unfazed by complex multi-tasking
• Ability to pick up and understand technology quickly
• Proven experience in back-end technology responsibilities
• Excel skills
• Highly organised
• Solution based mindset
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• The right blend of creative, strategic and analytical thinking
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.