Job Title Manager / Senior Manager, Social Media – Kiehl’s Since 1851
Division: Luxury Products Division
Location: 435 Hudson Street
Reports To: AVP, Brand Engagement Lead
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth to the People.
What You Will Do:
This individual is responsible for executing a successful integrated organic social strategy across owned channels (currently: Tik Tok Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest). They will manage the social media calendar, content optimization, as well as expert and influencer owned social activations and community management. The Social Media Senior Manager is an expert on social platforms and measures success by analyzing KPI metrics regularly.
The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with the Kiehl’s Brand Engagement team (PR, Influencer Marketing and CSR), the corporate L’Oreal USA and Luxe division social media key stakeholders, marketing team, cross-functional teams like Retail, D2C and Ecommerce, as well as the Kiehl’s global communications and social media teams, and any relevant external agencies (creative, influencer management and PR).
The Senior Manager’s goal is to build brand love and advocacy on all Kiehl’s social platforms, grow an engaged community, recruit new and younger consumers, and drive social commerce growth for the brand.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- The Senior Manager will work with the AVP to develop the U.S. strategic, engaging and consumer-friendly content for @Kiehls owned social platforms to grow an engaged community of fans across platforms
- The Senior Manager will work with the AVP to develop a strong tone of voice and persona on each social platform
- The Senior Manager will be responsible for the production of always on local U.S. content for IG Instastories, Tik Tok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest , prioritizing video content for IG Stories, Reels and Tik Tok
- The Senior Manager will be responsible for preparing assets for posting; cropping, color correcting, retouching for all social platforms
- The Senior Manager will assist the Brand Engagement team with planning campaign, seasonal and evergreen social strategies and lead the development of the monthly social editorial calendar
- The Senior Manager will design and maintain presentation decks for internal presentations
- The Senior Manager will host regular reviews of competitors for the Brand Engagement Team so we are abreast of what others are doing plus ensure highest creative executions
- As a data-driven marketer, the Senior Manager will oversee reporting and metrics to ensure KPIs are met
- The Senior Manager should thoroughly understand ever-evolving social metrics and liaise with L’Oreal USA corporate social teams – CMO/CMI/LUXE Division Content Center of Excellence – on the evolution of tracking ROI
- The Senior Manager will manage social content library
- The Senior Manager will directly manage the Kiehl’s Social Media Community Assistant Manager and oversee brand community engagement across channels on with goals of 100% response rate and response time under 48hrs
- Identify whitespace opportunities to elevate strategy & define distinct roles for content on each social platform to build brand equity
- Liaise with Le Care, legal and marketing to generate approved responses to customer service inquiries
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams (including but not limited to Marketing, Ecomm/ Digital, Paid Media, and DMI teams) in creating content to better serve consumer needs (including but not limited to how-to-use content, etc)
- Understand the brand’s unique skin expertise and heritage positioning and stay true to brand equity through all digital and social content; ensure all social content is legally compliant - accuracy of claims and product benefits
Paid Social Media
- Collaborate with Paid Media team to leverage organic assets as creative for campaigns in social media platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok) in collaboration with marketing
- Drive timely and flawless execution of social campaigns in partnership with Paid Media team support
- Work with Paid Media support to track ad performance including pacing, monitoring KPIs, and troubleshooting within each respective self-service ads platform
- Provide full campaign wrap reports in partnership with Paid Media team and DOMO platform, including sharing results, insights, customer verbatims, etc. and provide actionable insights and next steps
- Ensure corporate best practices and policies and creative mandatories are adhered to across all campaigns
- Be at the forefront of what is happening in the space and propose first-to-market programs
Reporting & Analytics
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs across paid & organic tactics per social platform and per campaign
- Perform competitive analysis and social listening to identify skincare trends and consumer need gaps
- Ensure strategy, content creation and community management are constantly reviewed based on insights and consumer feedback
- Deliver ongoing reporting to internal cross-functional teams and global Kiehl’s social media team
- Deliver campaign results for all advocacy campaigns to immediate team and leadership
- Senior Manager is responsible for accurately forecasting and tracking budget and spending
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing or business
- 5-7 years’ experience in social media, community management, and content creation for a brand (in-house or agency); with a rich digital portfolio available for review by as part of the interview process with an emphasis on IG Stories and Tik Tok
- Advanced proficiency on social platforms (Instagram, Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter, Pinterest, Tik Tok and YouTube) required * Skincare experience and interest in fields related to health, beauty and dermatology strongly preferred
- Self-starter able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and problem-solve
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and to balance competing demands and priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent written skills; ability to write and edit well and develop the brand’s skin expert tone of voice
- KPI reporting/analysis experience required
- Experience in graphic design; typography, layout, composition
- Deep knowledge of photoshop
- Video editing skills is required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel required. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite InDesign, Photoshop a plus
- Proficiency in social-media management platforms a plus (Netbase, Rival IQ, Sprinklr, etc)
- Must have a strong understanding of the social media space, the Tik Tok and Instagram communities, influencers, conversations, and trends
- Must have an excellent eye for design and photography
- Experience managing production partners and vendors
- Ability to manage budgets accurately
- Can think creatively and strategically with strong analytic skills
- Must have a very collaborative spirit and ability to work cross-functionally with many different teams on projects
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Demonstrated L’Oreal USA Competencies: Strong leadership and organizational skills, entrepreneurial management, achiever and innovator
- Must be professional, energetic and have a positive attitude
- Ability to travel for work outside of NYC (Travel to LA a few times per year)
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $117,300-$164,200
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.