The Travel Retail worldwide IT Business Intelligence Department of L'Oréal is looking for his/her Senior BI Architect.
The business intelligence and data warehouse Solution Architect will focus on delivering the vision of the department through process, development and lifecycle. He/She will work directly with stakeholders and team members to define, design and deliver actionable insights while working with ETL and BI developers in an agile environment.
Business Intelligence Architect 70%:
- Formulates and recommends standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the DW ecosystem.
- Develop business cases and ROI for department to get buy-in from senior management.
- Interview stakeholders and develop BI roadmap for success given project prioritization and budget.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change Excel based culture.
- Work closely with the BI functional leader to ensure prioritization of corporate and departmental objectives and projects.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
Team Technical Mentor 30%:
- Assist BI team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge.
- Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members.
- Provide technical training to external team members to foster stronger cross-departmental relations.
- 7+ years of experience delivering business intelligence solutions
- 7+ years of experience with OLTP and OLAP database models
- Significant experience team management and budget follow-up
Key Professional skills :
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent in relational database concepts
- Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies i.e. agile
- Has strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements,
- including the creation of formal documentation
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Fluent English (mandatory)
Technical Skill Set:
- Database Technology: SQL Server, Hadoop, Cloudera
- ETL Technology: SSIS, Informatica, scripting
- BI Technology: SSRS, SSAS, Power BI
- , Power Apps, Service Now, SAP ECC & BI, other visualization tools