When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
• Develop, lead and execute the L’Oréal UKI Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy in consultation and alignment with the wider global L’Oréal vision and philosophy yet respecting British and Irish societal / cultural nuances.
• In collaboration with the HRD UK & Ireland and the Exec Leadership Team, continue to drive our systemic, sustainable and progressive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion roadmap which is a shared strategic goal across our company.
• Create a rolling 18-month roadmap that clearly outlines the philosophy behind the actions as well as all engagement initiatives including internal and external communications / events.
• Influence the HR Leadership team to embed DE&I in all facets of Human Resources Management.
• Continue to embed effective DE&I practices into every phase of the talent and development lifecycles, to support the development of diverse talent.
• Partner with the Learning function to define ongoing training and development solutions to support an inclusive, diverse and equitable environment.
• Partner with the Talent Acquisition to ensure DE&I is at the heart of the L’Oréal external employer brand and hiring practices mitigate unconscious bias.
• Develop and execute a plan to engage employees and leadership in DE&I programmes and promote a culture of inclusivity and support.
• Articulate appropriate metrics to measure all aspects of Inclusion and provide updates to the key stakeholders.
• Effectively manage the budget allocated to the L’Oréal UK & Ireland DE&I agenda.
• With the HRD UKI, provide regular reporting, identify risks and opportunities for continuous improvement to the wider business.
• Monitor external Inclusion policy practices and ensure policies are best in class and ensure compliance with all mandatory diversity compliance programmes.
• Act as a chair and coach to the internal working group and champions, building their confidence and capacity to drive positive initiatives in line with the strategy
• Represent the L’Oréal in audits and presentations on DE&I topics both internally and externally
• Provide support on reputational risk assessments and input into the review of external brand content as necessary
• Represent L’Oréal UKI on external associations to drive DEI agenda within the industry
• Lead the relationship with external DEI advisory board and manage associated board meetings
• Act as the local Human Rights Correspondent for the Group, leading Modern Slavery reporting
• D&I practitioner with extensive experience in setting and implementing strategy demonstrating results from previous roles, preferably with teams working in a creative or commercial setting
• Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of the nuanced issues at play in D&I especially intrinsic to UKI society
• Extensive knowledge of Inclusion best practices including UKI legislation
• Strong project management, analysis and reporting skills, able to demonstrate delivery of data informed approaches to Inclusion
• Ability to act as a coach, trainer and mentor, building skills, knowledge, and capacity within the organisation
• Experience of developing and implementing D&I initiatives in practical and innovative ways, drawing on technology to improve
• A high level of self-awareness, empathy, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
• Well-connected externally into D&I networks and communities.
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.