Job Title: Manager Inventory Management – Customer Strategy
Reports to: AVP Customer Strategy & Operations
Location: New York, NY
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for working with business stakeholders to manage launch / base product across cross-functional teams; call out any risk and challenges and elevate to the AVP of Customer Strategy and Operations. The Manager will be the internal point person for item/launch dates, quantity needs and provide recommendations to ensure flawless execution at retail. The Manager should have foundational understanding of sales and retailer execution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure product availability and ship launch timing aligns with retailer reset dates
- Call out implications / risks if timing slips and provide recommendations for execution
- Ensure we launch on time in full
- Ensure launch M1-M3 forecasts planned for production align with previous year assumptions; close alignment with DP and Commercial Finance in regards to assumptions used
- Manage reservations for ongoing and new launches
- Review files provided by customer service and submit changes weekly
- Work with sales team if forecasted pipe has to be revised due to product shortages
- Track month over month new launch forecast and fluctuations 6 months prior to STT date and monitor sell-in post launch
- Review weekly reporting on inventory on hand in each DC; call out any “concerns” in DC item split
- Review weekly DOS files and align with marketing on any items with low stock that should be reserved against
- Review incremental order / pull forward requests / item recap orders
- Align with operations on product transfers to Ameripak for display / special pack productions
- Align with operations on display / special pack prioritizations
- Attend all pertinent internal meetings
- Industry Acumen: Requires a national perspective of the consumer packaged goods and beauty industry
- Innovative Thinking: Requires strategic thinking skills, creative and original in terms of new or improved methods, procedures or ideas regarding processes.
- Cross Functional Communication: Contact with marketing managers, sales operations managers and other related functions and departments within New York as well as contact with Field sales and direct account interaction. This position will provide contact and interaction with senior leadership.
- Time Management: Performance based on meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules. Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet required deadlines.
- 4 year college degree
- Strong knowledge and experience in IRI / Nielsen systems (experience with syndicated data a plus)
- Candidate should possess analytical experience, with a CPG background preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective Business Communication written and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Persuasive Presentation skills (visual and oral story telling)
- Industry knowledge
- Problem Solving
- L’Oreal Organizational knowledge
- Strategic Thinking
- Self-motivated and directed
- Able to balance internal and external customer demands
- Ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines
- Advanced computer skills in excel and powerpoint
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $98,200-$137,500 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.