Position Title: Logistics Planner
Supervisor Title: Director of Logistics
Department/Location: Demi Grand
I. MAJOR FUNCTION
This position reports to the Director of Logistics within the Demi-Grand of R & I Clark, NJ
Overall responsibilities include handling all Logistics filling activity from request management to scheduling in line with customer timelines. Ensure raw material safety data documentation is available for raw materials. Develop and track relevant key performance indicators and present root cause analysis justification. Execute tasks for Procurement and Planning functions in all aspects of these operations. Handle department financials for chargebacks and invoices. Develop area work instructions. Actively participates in safety and quality programs as defined in the Demi-Grand. Refer to principal accountabilities for more details.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Handle all tasks associated with processing Lab Filling request submissions and the scheduling activity
- Run daily report of bulk approvals to generate associated filling work orders/folders/link any required lab supplied component codes
- Review import screen for filling only demands, import, create corresponding work orders, create/link required components and generate electronic folders
- Ensure all required lab supplied components have an internal code established
- Review the filling work order queue in the software system to determine the applicable reservation of components to work orders and cross check of available bulk
- Perform any follows up required to obtain required external bulk, lab supplied components or finished goods needed to schedule the fill
- Schedule filling demands in close coordination with Filling Operations Team. Attend daily touch base and weekly internal meetings for communication and transparency
- Prepare and attend monthly prioritization meetings to provide information to the labs regarding project status as well as obtain a clear picture of R & I global priorities for scheduling purposes
- Develop a solid DG stock component inventory strategy. Review procurement plans and analyze needs for stock components with demand and/or stock below re-order point to determine a planned quantity. Work to ensure no out of stock situation. Research vendor backup plans as required for optimal cost and coverage.
- Check raw material safety data sheet availability. Request and track missing documents. Submit to Corp. Regulatory for system upload and track progress until completion.
- Execute Procurement/Batch scheduling tasks to include but not limited to; providing project status to the labs, develop short and mid-term schedules, execute allocation of materials to firm work orders/analyze conflicts
- Support Planning function to include but not limited to demand management/batch sizing/equipment allocation, analyze needs for raw materials/preps with demand and/or stock below re-order points to determine a planned quantity for ordering.
- Support Procurement (raws/preps/consumables) function to include but not limited to placing orders, expediting, commercial reference check audits
- Support financial aspect of the department’s chargeback process in addition to invoice reviews, resolving discrepancies and assigning coding for payment approvals
- Develop and track defined KPI’s to report to Management along with root cause analysis information to substantiate data
- Adheres to all Quality and Safety standards
- Writes, reviews and updates work instructions pertaining to area of responsibility as needed
- Actively contributes to safety, quality, and efficiency improvements in the area
- Continuously review current workflow and look for solutions to standardize and improve the way we perform
- Participate in department projects to help strategize and innovate plans for a successful launch and implementation
- Other duties as assigned by Management of the area
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 0-3 years’ work experience in Procurement/Planning environment
- Well developed knowledge of procurement, planning principles and practices
- Strong computer skills are a requirement for this job (Microsoft office, especially excel)
- Knowledge of power BI is a plus
- Reads, writes, and speaks English (important in reading chemical information from SDS)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation form
- Must be detail oriented and possess creative problem-solving skills
- Must possess ability to work well independently, as well as to interact effectively in a team environment both within and outside of the Demi-Grand department
- Must be professional and courteous
- Strong organization skills to handle multiple tasks with strict deadline is a must
- Familiar with metric system of weights
- Must be authorized to work in the US on an ongoing and continuous basis
Attention to details and quality of execution of tasks is critical to good performance in this role. Errors may have significant impact on quality, safety and may cause substantial business delays.
Works under Logistics, Safety and Quality Guidelines of the Demi-Grand. Manages multiple tasks and projects, once trained must be able to work independently with little supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.