Job: Senior Manager, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Division: Luxury Products Division, Supply Chain
Location: South Brunswick, NJ (travel up to 10%)
Reports to: AVP – LUXE Human Resources
L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company, which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world. Working in L’Oréal Operations means working in an innovative, challenging, dynamic and diverse environment with the opportunity for cross-functional careers – from conception to consumer – in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operational Product Development. We have 42 factories and 145 distribution centers worldwide (12 factories and 33 distributions centers in the Americas). Close to 90% of all our products are manufactured in-house. L’Oréal Operations is committed to continuous improvement, people development, safety, quality and sustainability.
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic, business focused HR leader for our Luxury Products Division Supply Chain organization. This position is based in South Brunswick, NJ and will be responsible for overseeing HR generalist initiatives in the Distribution Center. This position contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organization design, performance management, recruitment, training, compensation, governmental compliance, diversity & inclusion and employee engagement. This is a business partner role with functional groups to attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage people.
This position will serve as a business partner in working with key leaders and client groups throughout the organization will require strong collaboration within the L’Oreal Network and industry knowledge of best practices.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Selection and hiring for open positions; promote L’Oreal USA Operations as a best place to work
- Integration - oversee the integration of all new employees through FIT (onboarding program) and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Employee development - strategically manage careers on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities while utilizing the Performance Appraisal process & Skills Matrix for personal and professional growth.
- Succession planning – Partner with management team, assess current and future talent needs for the site and develop strategies and plans to meet those needs. Monitor and drive the bench strength, identify high potential talent, proximity to the people, oversee career-pathing and management development
- Organizational effectiveness -influence and help adapt the organization to align with business objectives and design and optimize organizational capabilities.
- Workforce planning – evaluate and develop recommendations for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Retention strategies - analyze, identify and drive recommendations on retention program strategy
- Employee relations - objectively provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management
- Total rewards compensation management - collaborate with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels & plan content to assess market competitiveness, including base salary & bonus plans.
- HR policies & programs – ensure adherence to local laws for entire group
- Culture - facilitate the communication of the organization’s desired culture, vision and values which guide the decisions and actions of the business; provide training and facilitation base on needs
- Performance management – drive performance management through business partnership, coaching, counseling and disciplinary programs
- Identify strategies to increase productivity and employee performance
- This role is required to be on-site daily with occasional travel to other L’Oreal facilities as required.
- Entrepreneurially spirited; strong work ethic and customer driven
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), influence, facilitation, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of curiosity, urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Strategic thinking - knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen - knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers; flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; Master’s Degree a plus
- 5+ years of HR experience with steady progression of growth
- Prior experience coaching and influencing management team
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups in a call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environment is a plus
- Compensation –understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same.
- Legal - understanding of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial - knowledge of P & L, including budget process
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems)
- This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.