Job Description Form
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Senior Manager, Retail Marketing - YSL
Function: Marketing / Retail Experience
Supervisor Title: AVP, Retail Experience
Location: 10 Hudson Yards
Section 2: Job Summary:
The Senior Manager of Retail Marketing will lead the development and execution of flawless in-store experience strategies across all channels and retailers. With a sharp customer-centric mindset, this critical role will be responsible for gift set and promo strategy, consumer incentives and sampling programs. Striving for excellence in execution of retail hallmarks and merchandising expressions, the Sr. Manager/Director, Retail Marketing, plays a critical role in driving purchase and improving retail performance. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, partnering with education in development of event animations, performing business & competitive analysis, developing department budget and preparing executive presentations. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and entrepreneurial thinker who can influence cross-functional teams, retailer and brand partners. The position reports directly to the AVP, Retail Experience.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- 5+ years of demonstrated marketing results and experience working in a multifunctional team.
- Full Omni-channel mentality, customer-centric background
- Strong knowledge and awareness of beauty industry, market, and competitive trends
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, organized, creative thinker
- Able to drive deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever-evolving environment
- Effective negotiation, communication, and organizational skills with an analytical approach to identifying opportunities
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with cross-functional teams, brand leadership, global and retailer partners
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
This position requires entrepreneurial, strategic thinking and decision-making, with intermittent input and partnership from AVP, Retail Experience. Must be able to forge strong, collaborative partnerships and positively influence retailer, cross-functional and global relationships.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Minimal physical activities required.
Section 6: Financial Scope:
Responsible for developing, managing and analyzing department budget.
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- Establish and direct the development and execution of high-impact in-store experience strategy across all channels and retailers. Perform business & competitive analysis; understand beauty, retail and consumer insights to create meaningful and innovative programs
- Oversee beauty and fragrance merchandising, visual weeks, hallmark animations, retail pop up experiences and planogramming across retailers
- Lead gift set strategy; collaborate with global and product marketing teams to design relevant consumer offers across all sets and promos across all axes (skincare, fragrance and makeup)
- Develop sampling program strategy and manage allocations; partners with global partners and field teams to maximize assortment and collaborate on channel strategy
- Planning, development, execution and analysis of all consumer incentives and overall promotional strategy. Conceptualize and produce impactful GWPs and TOAs across all axes: fragrance, makeup, skincare
- People Management - Establish strong leadership, cross-functional and retail-partner relationships to positively foster a high performing team culture. Develop and mentor Direct Report, Assistant Manager of Retail Marketing
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others and enriches team dynamics
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands; has developed a strong understanding of beauty within L’Oreal
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves performance and helps to develop and execute a vision
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives and makes decisions
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively and actively networks
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $119,700- $137,000 The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan
- Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!
- VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance
- Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!
- Think Tanks and Innovation Squads
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.