Titolo della posizione: Marketing
Tipologia di contratto: Permanent
Orario di lavoro: Full - Time
Sede: New York, NY
Paese: United States
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth to the People.
IDC has an exciting Senior Manager level opportunity with our Giorgio Armani Fragrance Marketing team in New York, NY.
Job Title: Sr. Manager Marketing
Reports To: AVP, Marketing – Armani Fragrances
Division: Giorgio Armani
Function: Marketing (Fragrance)
Location: NY, NY
Job Summary: Build the strategy and plan to grow the iconic Armani Men’s fragrance business under leadership of AVP to increase share of market in fragrance with a consumer centric approach. Plays a key role in the development, implementation and presentation of the individual brand. Implements marketing strategy including launch plans and pillar support calendars while tracking marketing budget spend for optimizations and efficiencies. This position works closely with our sales team leadership with a focus on omni channel retailer marketing as well as strong collaboration with global marketing, US marketing brand engagement teams, consumer activation/ media/ search, creative teams, omni client experience teams to create, develop, execute, and evaluate new product launches and drive strategy of promotional marketing programs to grow Armani in the US market. This is a high visibility position given the strategic importance of the category for the brand.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years cosmetic marketing experience required
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment
Judgment and Decision Making
Offers judgment and opinions on marketing strategy of team. Requires moderate supervision in decision-making.
Responsible for execution of annual retail forecasts for mens, business initiatives budget and tracking all trends with a focus on product and new communication messaging from competitors to keep pulse on modern marketing. Works with finance to reconcile budget trends vs. actuals for areas within brand responsibility: samples, print, displays, in store activations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop business cases and forecast proposals for new products/sku’s as well as revised forecasts for existing businesses affected by launch
• Review DPM system with team Coordinator for necessary information, maintain accurate files on ongoing projects, keep abreast and greatly anticipate of all timetables for new product launches and ensure that deadlines are met in a timely manner; identify potential problems
• NPD analysis of market to gain insights on Armani business and the competition; use market knowledge to impact future launch development with Global marketing
Launch performance tracking and ownership of vision for men’s category
• Coordinate bi-annual phase-out meeting, recommending products for discontinuation, reviewing obsolete inventory levels, and lost revenue implications
Assist AVP in preparing and presenting in retailer meetings to Sales/ DMI and other groups as needed; opportunity for this role to independently lead presentations based on performance
• Work closely to impact Global marketing team to implement domestic applications of brand strategy and offerings
• Initiate new Marketing proposals and drive development with Creative group for on time in store arrival, anticipate timelines and bring in key cross functional teams
• Develop/issue creative briefs on each project needed
• Ensure that Creative is aware of all copy/package direction, providing components, working copy, etc.
• Drive merchandising and in store visual development, focusing on marketing objectives
• Review all copy submissions
• Ensure art mechanicals are accurate for content, and that they are released on time
• Monitor the accuracy of final copy/art mechanicals.
3. Digital PDP :
• Work closely with Global marketing and CAL team on all PDP requirements for mens fragrance
• Ensure that all launch requirements are met for content and copy
• Follow-up on all results of efficient PDPs and interact with sales
4. Sales Reporting Responsibilities:
• Complete knowledge of unit/dollar volume for each product within brand responsibility - both retail and net
Focus on new launch and pillar tracking + understanding of what drove volume
5. New Products:
• Track Share of market performance of all new items for at least 6 months after launch
• Issue post-launch status reports to ensure that all launch commitments and backup orders are met
• Prepare quarterly brand review and new products vs. basic business review as required
• Track retail sell-thru of all launches for the first 12 weeks plus key products and categories on an ongoing basis
6. Additional responsibilities:
• Work with AVP to recommend strategic retail pricing for new products; recommend price increases for existing products
• Prepare Competitive Pricing Review of all product segments and major prestige brands bi-annually
• Maintain files of key competitive sampling vehicles/programs and competitive advertising and samples of new products as it applies to business segments
• Market visits on an ongoing basis
1. Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
2. Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty
3. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e. demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision
4. Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning)
5. Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results (i.e. accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
6. Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
7. Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks, strong collaborator and team player, actively shares information with cross functional teams to create work efficiencies and build relationships
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What’s In It For You:
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.