12 Month Junior Marketing Associate
Maybelline US (Face & Lip)
Job: Junior Marketing Associate (12 Month Internship)
Location: Hudson Yards – New York
Come and be a part of the exciting and dynamic world of L'Oréal USA as a Junior Marketing Associate! The L'Oréal USA 12-Month Junior Marketing Associate internship program allows creative visionaries and strategic thinkers to enhance their marketing knowledge in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. The JMA program is paid internship opportunity that requires a candidate who has graduated with a degree within the last 12 months and is able to work up to 40 hours per week.
We are looking for a Junior Marketing Associate to join the Maybelline Face & Lip US Marketing team in the Consumer Products Division of L’Oreal USA. This position will be part of the 360 US Marketing team with the goal of creating and executing activations to promote sales & brand awareness through all touchpoints.
Learn more about all the different functions that fall under the Junior Marketing Associate Program here including Global Marketing & Product Development (DMI), Operational (US) Marketing, Social/Influencer/PR, and Digital (eCommerce, Analytics, etc.)
- Reporting + Analysis:
- Nielsen Reports – Support category teams on Nielsen pulls and analysis as needed
- Lead prestigious monthly COMEX notes for Maybelline Face and Lip: delivered to upper management
- Comfortable compiling, organizing & analyzing sales data daily
- Knowledge of excel functions such as pivot tables & V-lookups
- Lead New Item Nielsen Submissions (2x a year)
- Marketing Systems/Artwork Management:
- Process and track marketing projects in the key systems:
- DPM: Setup New Launches/kits/promo packs/Amazon multi-packs/cycle displays
- SHAREPOINT: Setup and enter promotional displays in partnership with brand managers and communicate to creative/the promo team, create and submit A+ content briefs for e-commerce PDP’s in partnership with brand managers
- MyMarket: Manage Purchase Orders for Maybelline marketing team (Eye, Face, Lip teams)
- ESKO: Hold artwork alignment meetings, Manage and track promotional display process & new launch artwork
- Design Queue – Create and submit A+ content for uploading after being reviewed and approved by brand managers
- ISupply: setting up new launch items
- Competitive Management
- Update category rankings/ competitive documents (i.e. Top 10’s)
- Team lead on competitive launches, tracking and purchasing:
- Track and purchase all key competitive launches in the mass & prestige markets to evaluate for trends, innovations in technology and new claims.
- Maintain full competitive product lines for review and recommend possible benchmarks to brand managers in addition to like-as formulas for project needs.
- Issue mass & prestige launch decks as part of competitive analysis, tracking performance and noting significant changes in market share and/or media spend.
- Work with brand managers on pre-seeding programs such as vine, influenster, buzz agent including tracking product availability and ordering
- Manage product pack shots for PDP’s in partnership with e-comm team
- Meeting Prep:
- Own the product cart and coordinate updates for all management meetings
- Coordinate requests from advertising agency and the creative team
- Work with agency partners to brief, track & upload brand FSI’s
Beyond the Junior Marketing Associate program?
Successful completion of the program, as well as excellent demonstrated performance, entitles participants for top consideration and placement into the Management Trainee Program, an accelerated professional development, full-time salary position.
- Bachelor’s degree; must have graduated within the past 12 months
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Must provide valid work authorization in the United States
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written, analytical and communication skills
- Solid understanding of data management and ability to use Excel to organize data, create reports, and deliver meaningful insights and recommendations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.