2023 L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program – Sales – Undergraduate
At L'Oréal, whether you are an intern, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
The L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program is a paid, 11 week experience where you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of a team while also leading your own, individual strategic project to discover what it is truly like to develop a career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world. We are committed to giving our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders. At the end of the summer you will present your project to senior leadership for the opportunity to be considered for a full-time return offer into a Management Trainee program or a full-time role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities.
- You will be working within our Consumer Products Division, L’Oreal’s largest division. The Consumer Products Division makes the best of cosmetic innovation available to the greatest number of people on every continent and its iconic brands are distributed in mass, drug, specialty & food retailing channels. These brands offer a wide range of coloring products, hair care, makeup and skin care. Within the division, you will be placed onto a team within one the following potential sales areas:
- Commercial Strategy
- Account Management
- Brand Business Development/Category Development
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings to meeting with your mentor, your calendar will always be full!
- There are many perks to being a summer intern, but two standout ones are access to our company store that has steep discounts on L’Oreal products and our Summer Friday program – every Friday during your internship is a half day!
- This is a paid internship opportunity. Housing assistance is provided on an individual basis based on eligibility per our L'Oréal Relocation Policy.
- Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration into L’Oréal’s full-time Sales Management Trainee Program upon graduation and is based on overall performance
- Own an individual project with strategic business impact that you will present to senior leadership within the Consumer Products Division sales teams
- Generate insights and viable recommendations through data analysis across multiple sources
- Marry business growth and innovation by creating compelling consumer stories
- Work across multiple functions like marketing and operations to influence and develop a cohesive brand strategy
- Embrace the opportunity to work with our largest retail partners like Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and Target
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation between December 2023 – July 2024
- Able to start working fulltime starting July 2024 upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Willing to relocate to any USA-based office that has a summer internship opportunity, including:
- New York, NY
- Bentonville, AR
- Deerfield, IL
- Minneapolis, MN
- Lincoln, RI
- Berkeley Heights, NJ
- Stand Out Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any major with a total GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work the entirety of the 11 week summer internship program in 2023
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This includes part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Sales through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Key Skills for Success in Sales:
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced environment, following the changing needs of the market and retailers
- Strong communication, influencing, and analytics skills in order to have the ability to tell a strategic decision story with data
- An understanding of or previous experience in the e-commerce or retail landscape
Being a member of the L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one because in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation, too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 35 international brands – CeraVe, Kiehl’s, Maybelline, and Urban Decay to name just a few – we embrace diversity and inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and well-being in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things. You can explore our internship program and hear directly from our past interns at lorealoncampus.com.
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.