The L’Oréal Tech Incubator is looking for an ambitious junior engineer to manage and be the technical expert for a recently launched hardware product ecosystem and companion software.
The role will involve working alongside more senior engineers, product managers, designers, and business partners within the Incubator team. The team works on the latest device technology, innovations in user experience, and complex projects that combine hardware, software, and cosmetics formulation.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and comfortable working independently. He/she will have an interest in learning about connected hardware products and new technologies. The role will require sound engineering fundamentals, problem solving through critical thinking, and the ability to communicate technical concepts through documentation.
The position is based between the Clark, NJ and NYC offices with occasional domestic travel (<10%).
- Manage the technical ecosystem, including system connectivity (hardware / software / firmware) and mechanical design
- Design and recommend system improvements; monitor ongoing engineering work
- Respond to troubleshooting requests and perform root cause analysis
- Track and resolve technical issues
- Create technical instructions, work instructions, manuals, and troubleshooting documentation
- Work with field technicians and technical support team, assist with in-the-field setup
- Interface with external engineering (hardware, software) partners
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Recent graduate with BS in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent preferred; will also consider or a senior working towards a BS from an engineering program
- Experience with mechatronics (electro-mechanical systems)
- Basic proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks, ProE, NX) preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work in the USA on an ongoing basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.