Job Title AVP Advocacy & Influencer Marketing LDB
Division: L’Oreal Dermatological Beauty
Location: Hudson Yards, NY
Reports To: SVP, Chief Digital Marketing Officer LDB
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty, our mission is to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. Our division is the world leader in dermo-cosmetics by adding health to beauty. Our brands portfolio includes CeraVe, La Roche-Posay, Vichy, SkinCeuticals and Skinbetter Science offering a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to beauty and health of the skin.
What You Will Do:
The AVP of Advocacy & Influencer Marketing will spearhead the strategy and execution of the ever-changing Advocacy and Influencer marketing ecosystem, including commerce activations. This engaging, creative, yet analytical and data-driven Asst Vice President will lead the development of L’Oréal Dermatological Beauty’s Advocacy and Influencer Marketing, that supports our brands to create meaningful connections with our advocates, Health Care Providers, and consumers. We are seeking a consumer-focused, and Health Care Provider - focused - marketing professional who is a skilled storyteller and strong communicator with experience managing across a large organization with a proven track record of cross-functional partnership.
- Oversee and continue to build on the overall LDB Advocacy and Influencer marketing strategy, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, and positive consumer sentiment.
- Using a data-driven, consumer-centric approach, they will build on an existing framework to enable LDB brands to formulate and continuously optimize programming and activations to drive traffic to our brand flagship platforms as well as our retailer partners.
- This individual will play a key role in synthetizing key learnings to partner with our internal marketing teams to create the optimal go-to-market strategy.
- They will be accountable for ensuring continuity and brand cohesiveness for all influencer touchpoints and advocate for best practices on existing platforms.
- This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables to support the development of customer-centric, and Health Care Provider programs that drive profitable, long-term relationships.
- Develop framework and LDB-wide, multi-tiered strategy for advocacy and influencer to help convert lower funnel consumer traffic into revenue across all our eCommerce Channels (Medical, Direct to Consumer platforms, Amazon, eRetail).
- Build and enable the influencer & advocacy community across our brand teams to ensure learnings and best practices are being shared.
- Provide consulting and ongoing guidance to brand teams in line with the overall L’Oréal strategy to grow key advocacy metrics and brand love, including L’Oréal proprietary composite metric: Brand Pulse Index (DBPI).
- Identify and develop relevant measurement approach pertaining to advocacy and influencer performance to ensure that our brands are properly goal setting, tracking and optimizing strategy & execution.
- Track relevant activations across L’Oréal to evaluate for effectiveness and optimization where possible.
- Partner with the internal media and paid social teams to continuously grow and optimize our consumer-centric approach to help maximize our overall reach.
- Partner with Sourcing on Agency Centralization for optimal data, negotiation and financial compliance
- Brief and collaborate with our internal and agency content creation teams, as well as the brand engagement leads, to ensure relevant, best-in-class content for our influencer platform
- Determine the optimal strategy for community management that can be used across our portfolio of LDB brands.
- Act of the organization's industry expert in terms of developing trends, changes and potential opportunities, translating consumer and medical insights into activation strategies
- Manage relationship with Influencer marketing tech partner.
- Oversee the Influencer marketing ways of working and rules of engagement for LDB brands.
- Bring recommendations to Brand Head of marketing on shifts, based on performance reporting and consumer-focused data from internal and external sources (CMI reporting, partner trend reports)
- This individual will collaborate and work closely with cross-functional partners in Media, Consumer activation, Brand engagement, legal, finance, sourcing and DDX teams to drive data driven programs and initiatives.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS);
- 10+ years of professional experience (operational marketing, Digital marketing, eCommerce and/or with a Digital Agency.
- Experience liaising between business and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing others.
- Experiencing with managing vendor relationships, including but not limited to budgeting, briefing.
- Strong understanding of industry trends and best practices.
- Strong project/team management and communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience upskilling to drive business actions.
- Dynamic, creative leader and self-starter with the ability to foster collaboration across teams and build a vision for the brand/LUSA.
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker.
- Demonstrated strength in communication with an ability to motivate and influence across the organization cross-functionally.
- Proven change agent.
- Ability to lead presentations and effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans.
- Ability to interact and present to all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- This role will require a balance of analytical thinking, strong application skills of ideas to develop consumer knowledge and insight and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners.
- We are looking for a change agent that can naturally connect dots across the organization to capture strong results for the brand.
- This role requires constant interaction across a matrixed business structure to coordinate work and deliver objectives.
- As a result, this individual must effectively build networks and become the in-house expert on the brand’s consumer mindset to help influence, convince, and introduce new ways of marketing.
- Experience in the Medical or Pharmaceuticals industry is preferred).
As an integral part of our culture at L’Oréal, wellness is at our core. We not only offer a generous Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K), we also offer flexible time off, work from home days, and a pension plan! Additionally, you will have access to company perks such as Makeup, Skincare, and Fragrance! Employees receive a stipend for L'Oréal products as well as VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, and other perks such as Monthly Mobile Allowance, discounted gym memberships, and ERGs.
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
Salary Range: $144,800 -$210,000 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.