L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the worldwide leader in beauty. L'Oréal USA manages a portfolio of 36 iconic global beauty brands, including Clarisonic, Essie Cosmetics, Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, L’Oréal Paris, Maybelline New York, NYX Professional Makeup, Redken, Soft-Sheen Carson, Carol’s Daughter, Urban Decay and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. In addition to corporate headquarters in New York City, L'Oréal USA has Research & Innovation, Manufacturing & Distribution facilities and brand headquarters across 14 other states with a workforce of more than 10,000 employees. For more information, visit www.LorealUSA.com or follow on Twitter @LOrealUSA.
L’Oréal USA is seeking an attorney to join the in-house legal department in its New York City offices. This attorney must exemplify strong problem solving and managerial skills and sensitivity as a key member of a multi-cultural, fast-paced, global workforce. The potential to take on additional leadership roles exists, assuming the attorney demonstrates legal acumen and solid judgment with exemplary respect and integrity toward others. They are also responsible for providing legal support to for the entire USA organization including all L'Oréal USA Divisions and brands. This role will NOT manage any trade compliance or compliance issues or other areas such as OFAC, SDN Lists, or FCPA.
- Provide high level of anti-trust and trade regulation law advice for merger analysis, horizontal and vertical distribution and wholesale and retail pricing issues.
- Serve as liaison to counterparts in the L’Oreal Group in areas relating to intra-company distribution, marketing services and license agreements.
- Ensure operational and functional department are aware of the L’Oréal Group best practices.
- Oversee select commercial litigation matters as required
- Draft or revise policy and legal documentation related to functional area
- Manage and train staff of specialized professionals and support staff
- Present to senior management as needed
- J.D degree from an accredited law school and strong academic credentials.
- Member is in good standing with the New York State bar.
- Minimum of 4-7 years legal experience in the antitrust, trade regulation and business law.
- Ability to recognize when to elevate certain matters to the attention of Senior Management.
- Other areas of demonstrated legal expertise would be a plus
- Establish and maintain relationships, credibility and trust with clients, stakeholders, legal team members, and other colleagues.
- Corporate in-house experience is preferred, though not required if applicant has strong counseling experience.
- Willing to travel periodically to locations within the United States.
- High level of organization, attention to detail and positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.