AVP of Brand Animations
The role of the AVP of Brand Animations is to lead a team responsible for
- All brand collaborations and partnerships – including scouting new potential partners, relationship management with existing partners, and overseeing the end to end product development.
- All Brand Moments like Halloween, Pride and Holiday.
- All our Brand Growth Initiatives that include Vegan and sustainability campaigns, as well Diversity/New Markets (Gen M and China).
With 3 direct reports, this role will ensure that we create industry-shaping and breaking partnerships as well as culturally relevant marketing campaigns for our consumer and diverse communities.
Defining Brand Animation strategy
- Assess competition and market to drive the overall brand strategy for Partnerships – including identifying the right types of partner to work with, the right overall pace of brand partnerships and collaborations for the brand.
- Works closely with Zone and Country partners to understand global vs. local needs.
- Follow Market trends to ensure that our partnerships and brand moments animations connect culturally with our target.
- Work with key stakeholders in our communities to make sure we deliver the more authentic diverse campaigns.
- Work with Internal Sustainability teams in L’Oreal to develop a clear roadmap toward a cleaner better make up.
Scouting & relationship management
- Constantly seeks out new potential brand partners that fit with the overarching brand mission.
- Leverages relationships and actively networks to ensure brand is front of mind for new brand partners.
- Manages relationships with existing brand partners, ensuring key strategic objectives are being met, and managing all negotiation/contract processes with brand partners.
- Makes strategic decisions on the right partners to proceed with, and how the partnership translates to ensure both brands/parties hit their strategic objectives.
Ideation of product collaborations
- Partners with Product Development on product ideation.
- Drives the Marketing conceptualization with team in partnership with Product Development and team – including building a clear and exciting universe with brand partner, identifying the right price positioning and size of opportunity for products, and product & shade naming.
- Leads the packaging design process in partnership with the Creative team
- Manages the overall product process with each brand partner – ensuring strong alignment and agreement on direction.
Advertising & Communication
- Works closely with Creative agency to develop advertising campaigns.
- Crafts and develops impactful Marketing language to sell product concept
- Develops with team relevant and exciting content plan for product innovation – ensuring the right type of content for the right platform, in partnership with Social team.
Key internal stakeholder management
- Acts as the center-point for all Product Collaborations, ensuring internal departments, Zone and Country partners are highly engaged and fully informed on nuances of each Product Collaboration
- Develops a close partnership with Legal team to ensure efficient and smooth management of partnership contracts
- Works closely with Zone partners & Business Dev team to ensure a strong and smooth go to market plan for each marketing campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing
- 10+ years of experience in the marketing field
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate about the beauty world and beauty trends
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.