Job: Assistant Vice President, Finance
Division: Active Cosmetics Division
In the Active Cosmetics Division (ACD), we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect, and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology, and research and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities, and acting for the planet, please join us!
The Brand Finance Assistant Vice President (AVP) will be responsible for managing a brand(s) within the Active Cosmetic Division. The AVP will work closely with the General Manager of the brand and will serve as the primary contact for brand marketing personnel and all division support groups concerning brand financial activity. The AVP will have an understanding of brand strategies and priorities, manage all business driver spend, build the budget and trends, perform actual reporting, and manage the brand to profit and loss targets.
- Manage, develop, and implement the overall financial strategy of the Brand
- Accountable for budgeting and trending processes and related financial analyses used to understand brand performance; additionally, provide monthly actuals reporting and analysis of the brand P&Ls
- Partner with and provide financial leadership to the Brand’s General Manager; develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Supply Chain, Demand Planning, in order to be recognized as a valued partner
- Work with business partners so that they understand the financial impact of their decisions and know their budget and their accountability; Challenge business partners and brand team in order to optimize costs and efficiency of activities
- Identify and communicate risks/opportunities; keep senior management and divisional finance team informed about issues within the Brand as necessary; respond to management inquiries/needs; perform various ad hoc analyses to assist in brand management
- Oversee the Brand P&L data within the global financial reporting system
- Lead and guide full time direct reports, providing the necessary support and supervision; empower and develop direct reports to grow in their careers
- Develop business acumen – gain a deep understanding of organizational structure (flow of information, interdependency between departments, etc.), impart knowledge of products, practices, trends and issues affecting the business and organization
- Manage Complexity – reason from multiple perspectives (i.e. simplify complex issues by identifying essential elements) and make decisions (i.e. involve key stakeholders in the decision making process)
- General Financial Planning & Analysis – research and synthesize data to affect business strategy, identify data relationships and dependencies, lead decision making based on analysis and adjusts plans as needed
- Must have expert-level experience with Excel & Financial systems.
- Effective as a self-starter; willing to work outside the confines of defined job responsibilities to make greater impact
- Must be a proactive team player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.