Job Title AVP – Consumer Engagement ITC DMI
Division: Luxury Products Division
Location: NJ, 111 Town Square Pl Jersey City
Reports To: Global President, It Cosmetics DMI
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth to the People.
What You Will Do:
The Head of Consumer Engagement will build brand buzz and equity to drive awareness and grow community for It Cosmetics DMI. They will be responsible for working closely to develop the consumer activation plan around innovation, core and key brand activities partnering with global and operational teams. This person will be responsible for elevating our integrated communications strategy which includes social media, PR and influencer to engage consumers while enhancing It Cosmetics’ existing and new relationships with key beauty influencers, content creators, talent, beauty editors, etc. globally.
The ideal candidate will possess an expertise in social media, influencer marketing and content creation with proven success in building brand love and loyalty. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic, innovative, creative and personable individual who is highly involved and very passionate about the beauty, entertainment and fashion world.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the leading the consumer engagement strategy on all social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Triller, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest, and all other emerging platforms), developing the overall content, social media and community management strategy.
- Build a forward thinking team that understands the importance of acquisition and engagement
- Build and support strong 360 plans to activate core and innovation, short and long term.
- Work closely with the US and International Social and Influencer team on co-developing all communication channels – identifying key priorities on existing channels and identifying new channels. Ensure brand voice consistency and make recommendations for all markets, including the biggest market within the US
- Lead and evolve all PR, social media, agency relations and influencer plans by developing engaging content that is unique, differentiated and enhances overall brand equity to propel the brand strategy and cultivate its positioning.
- Manage and cultivate key relationships for the brand including advisory board, key media, and influencers to grow brand love and loyalty while increasing community and brand engagement.
- Organize social media events that embrace the realms of key influencers to develop more personal and effective relationships and create engagement around product initiatives.
- Develop key indicators against which social media efforts will be measured and create corresponding analytics framework to monitor performance and ROI – increasing brand BEI score, Digital Pulse Brand Index and Influencer Engagement.
- Manage strategic partnership activations, including implementation, activation and press coverage, this includes overseeing development of all press materials including press releases, design of press kits and editor gifts
- Partner cross functionally to develop compelling integrated marketing campaigns led by social and digital media, that are on trend. Support all paid efforts with content strategies that drive acquisition, reach and engagement
- Additionally, will lead key brand equity initiatives that propel brand forward in relation to sustainability and inclusivity which are critical for brand growth, reporting directly to the GM of US
- Garner and secure key talent for all brand marketing and advertising campaigns for global and domestic use offline, online for owned and retailer channels
- Consumer facing events//experiential planning, themes and overall execution. Enhance experience of brand events by collaborating with events team.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing to share social media and influencer plans
- Create impactful and engaging campaigns to grow our target communities in conjunction with Brand Marketing utilizing our social and digital verticals
- Lead Social, PR team and agencies
- Have an eye on competition and trends, sharing out relevant information for growth
- Demonstrates respect, develops others, and enriches team dynamics.
- Strong people management skills to include the ability to mentor staff and provide direction and objectives, performance coaching and skill building
- Listens and communicates effectively with team and cross-functionally
- Ability to inspire and influence across the L'Oréal group
- Reasons from multiple perspectives and makes appropriate decisions.
- Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity.
- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, and promotes team creativity.
- Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance and develops a vision.
- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty and retail business, and understands beauty/skincare landscape and its competencies
- Total Staff – 4
- 2 direct reports
- 2 indirect reports
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 10+ years of marketing experience with 5+ years specialized in digital/social media
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing and or/Public Relations
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate about the beauty world and beauty trends
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $145,300-$207,000
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected].If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.