Job Title: Assistant Vice President, Corporate Communications - L’Oréal Operations North America
Function: Corporate Communications – Operations
Superv. Title: Rahquel Purcell, COO L’Oréal North America
Dotted line: Matthew Digirolamo and Marion Doucet
Location: Clark, NJ
The worldwide leader in beauty, L’Oréal has an international portfolio of 36 diverse and complementary brands and employs more than 89,000 people in 140 countries. At the heart of L’Oréal, a team of 19000 Operations employees worldwide that contributes to L’Oréal’s growth, from packaging design & product development, sourcing and production to distribution of all the Group’s products: an integrated value chain.
The Assistant Vice President of Corporate Communications for L’Oréal Operations North America is responsible for building and executing a long-term strategic communications plan to support Operations’ employees engagement in North America and to contribute to the global reputation of L’Oréal, and especially, building and protecting the reputation of Operations in North America, in coherence with the Global Communications Plan.
This position plays a key role in contributing to the mission of Corporate Communications of L’Oréal in USA, which strives to increase the visibility of the company’s business, end-to-end Operations strategy, leadership, values, expertise, high tech, environmental and social contributions to key internal and external audiences. The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for creating opportunities, defining priorities, reporting initiatives and key milestones to internal stakeholders as well as elevating the profile and attractiveness of L’Oréal Operations North America through external communications efforts.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant Vice President of Corporate Communications for L’Oréal Operations North America will be responsible for:
- Proactively and reactively strengthening, enhancing and protecting L’Oréal Operations North America image and reputation among its key audiences, in North America.
- Serve as the point of contact on all communications matters related to L’Oréal Operations and facilitate the exchange of information.
- Implement the Global communications strategy for Operations in the region ; develop & drive the roadmap for North America
- Develop internal and external communications messaging, contents and storytelling about the key topics and priorities of Operations in North America
- Manage, create and develop the ad hoc materials of communication according to the audience (e.g. press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, memos, videos, photo-shootings…etc.) as well as social media content, together with the Corporate communication Teams or the Brands whenever appropriate.
- Prepare strategic presentations, reports and regular updates for senior leadership and support the spokespersons of Operations with media training and messaging.
- Promote key Operations people, practices and programs to important internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop ongoing reporting processes and analyses to effectively monitor, analyze and maximize return on investment for communications campaigns/efforts.
- Responsible for the management of events in terms of contents and organization (e.g. media events, high-level visits, etc.) at facilities across the North America Zone.
- Manage the Operations North America intranet overseeing content development and website maintenance.
- Contribute to the global roadmap and teamwork of L’Oréal Global Operations Communications, as active member of this global community and also to L’Oréal USA Corporate Communications to ensure alignment on strategy and key initiatives and liaise between all Brands and Divisions.
Key Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Communications field.
- At least 10 years of accumulated experience in communications; global experience preferred
- Experience in the industry
- Fundamental communication expertise is a must; job requires exceptionally strong writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Experience advising executive leadership on communication-related issues.
- Proven track record of delivering innovative employee communications/marketing programs and campaigns.
- Strong planning skills, solid understanding of business relationships and ability to work at the highest levels in a corporate environment.
- High level of organization, attention to detail, sense of urgency and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a multinational company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.