Come Help Us Fuel the Most Beautiful Brands in the World
Invigorate your career by joining one of L’Oréal’s family of four divisions, over three dozen global brands and multiple classes of trade. With opportunities for professional mobility across six continents and the ability to transition between business functions, categories and teams, the world’s #1 Beauty Company is a destination for any self-entrepreneur to enjoy a lifetime of diversified career experiences. If you are passionate and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced professional environment, apply to L’Oréal Finance today and join our crusade as we fuel the most beauty brands in the world!
AVP Finance DMI
- As Division Controller, directs the coordination and administration of division reporting, planning and consolidation. Responsible for associated presentations to senior management. Responsible for the preparation, analysis and transmission of a variety of divisional finance reports in accordance with corporate requirements. Responsible for implementing and enforcing proper internal control processes.
- Oversee DMI cost control, sales & marketing analysis, fixed costs and gross-profit analysis. Lead team members who support all finance related issues for operating department.
- Conducts financial/budget meetings with departmental managers and HOFs.
- Keeps senior management and divisional finance team informed about issues within their assigned area as necessary. Respond to management inquiries/needs (NYO, Corporate or Paris) as necessary.
- Performs a variety of supervisory tasks including interviewing and selecting employees, developing employees, conducting performance management and salary administration, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
- 8+ years of experience in finance or accounting required including supervisory/management experience.
- Supervisory experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Strong computer skills required (Excel a must).
- SAP or Cognos experience a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills with well-developed MS Office skills (specifically, advanced Excel is required)
- Must possess strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills; business acumen
- Strong influencing, leadership and collaboration skills
- Above average communication and strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a proactive team-player with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
Judgment and Decision Making
Must be able to work independently supporting the needs of the department and work closely with both Brand Management and Departmental Management while following the strategic mandate and vision of Corporate Finance. Must be able to meet and fluidly discuss with management the business implications of spending decisions. Supervision from above will be intermittent.
Must be able to apply judgment and decision making across all aspects of the role. Role requires a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and principles within Finance/Accounting and how business operations are structured to achieve operating goals. Critical thinking about the management of financial structures and people. Assist with problem solving and definition of process/procedures within operational responsibility.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.