Help us fuel the Most Beautiful Brands in the World. Join the Luxe FP&A team to help create our new Center of Expertise that will assist the business units in all aspects of financial planning.
If you are strategic, collaborative, detailed oriented, and enjoy a fast-paced environment, a career in L’Oreal Finance is for you! Our careers offer opportunity for movement across functions, divisions, as well as potential for both domestic and international relocation.
This specific role as the AVP, Finance (Center of Expertise) is responsible for leading strategy and key initiatives. This includes new system integrations, month end close KPI improvements, new norm implementations, and system enhancements. They will also be responsible for strategizing with the business units with close and reporting responsibility during the month end. This position will have 2 dedicated headcount to assist in all responsibilities. Financial acumen and strong technical skills required.
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: Vice President
Location: New York
- Directs the coordination and administration of division reporting, planning and consolidation. Responsible for associated presentations to senior management.
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and transmission of a variety of divisional finance reports in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Maintains brand risks and opps and reports any issues to Leadership Team. Ensures profit targets are met.
- Prepares all trend/budget/monthend commentary for Executive Management.
- Primary support person for all Luxe brand finance partners and corporate finance partners.
- Prepares annual impairment tests and manages restatements and restructuring costs.
- Keeps senior management and divisional finance team informed about issues within their assigned area as necessary.
- Performs a variety of supervisory tasks including interviewing and selecting employees, developing employees, conducting performance management and salary administration, etc..
- 10+ years of experience in finance or accounting required including supervisory/management experience.
- Supervisory experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Strong computer skills required (Excel/PPT a must).
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to apply judgment and decision making across all aspects of the role. Critical thinking about the management of financial structures and people. Assist with problem solving and definition of process/procedures within operational responsibility. Assist with problem solving and definition of process/procedures within operational responsibility.
- Achieves results with integrity (energy, engagement, sets priorities, meets deadlines and anticipates, demonstrates commitment, tenacity and resilience. Reacts in a constructive manner when faced with unexpected or unclear situations. Adjusts priorities and actions rapidly when appropriate, reacts to the latest data.)
- Manages complexity and Problem Solving (develop a knowledge of the department, company & organization goals, integrates key learnings, takes into account other department’s needs, finds solutions and decodes the organizational culture. Builds action plans in a structured and organized way and makes proposals to improve work efficiency. Takes actions to create value and contain costs. Develops concrete views on strategic issues. Simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements.)
- Displays sensitivity to the Metier (focuses on quality, learns about the business drivers and the purpose of excellence, demonstrates product knowledge)
- Entrepreneur (takes initiative, drives contribution to achieve customer satisfaction, strives to improve performance. Demonstrates autonomy, identifies programs and implements adapted solutions, escalates information/problems in a timely manner and demonstrates resourcefulness. )
- Interacts Effectively (takes into account other points of view, communicates clearly and adapts to the audience, presents confidently and convinces others and actively networks)
- Acts and Leads with human sensitivity (enriches team dynamics, contributes to team spirit, develops others, demonstrates respect. Listens and interacts with equal respect to all levels, functions and business partners).
- Focused on Quality (demanding concerning the quality of details. Constantly perfecting work with a purpose of excellence. Integrates new techniques and know-how to improve quality.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.