Job Title: Assistant Vice President, Marketing US
Brands: Redken Hair Color
Function: Marketing (Operational)
Supervisor Title: VP, Marketing
Location: Hudson Yards
The AVP of Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of US marketing programs in line with established strategic divisional goals. The AVP has overall responsibility for the brand vision for the next 1-2 years and achieving the annual budget plan as well as the growth of the brand in their respective categories. The AVP will interface with departments such as: business development, finance, education, public relations, marketing services, creative, labs, Media/IMC, International marketing teams and Executive Management. The AVP will lead the Redken Hair Color Team: manage and develop a team of cross functional marketing members with responsibilities spanning traditional brand marketing, public relations, digital/social, and in store merchandising.
BUSINESS LEAD FOR REDKEN HAIR COLOR
- Responsible for developing and setting the strategy for the Hair Color category and ensuring all team members across functions are aligned to execute the strategy and launch key initiatives.
- Accountable for delivering business results on budget and hitting all financial targets.
- Manage the Hair Color product portfolio, identify opportunity gaps, align sku optimization with education, and ensure forecasts account for ramp up and run out timing.
- Responsible for developing a forecast for Hair Color category, tracking and re-trending as needed in partnership with Demand Planning.
- Drive media strategy and execution for both professionals and consumers across all platforms.
- Own multi-channel strategy across retailers with focus on omni channel.
- Responsible for management meeting prep and presentation
SUPPORTS BRAND ACCELERATION
- Collaborate with global marketing to ensure launches are relevant for the US hair colorist, have strong POD, and the right communication strategy to launch with executional excellence
- Modernize content and go to market strategy, identify key opportunities, and build plans to action them.
- Own content and media strategy for Hair Color.
- Partner with Sales to ensure correct promotional and account support is in place to reach objectives.
- Collaborates with IMC POD to execute key launch and brand initiatives. Facilitate launch planning as required.
- Deliver on best in class merchandising for Saloncentric online and offline
- Coach Hair Color team members and elevate skill set across category knowledge, business analytics, forecasting and presenting. Encourage collaboration and help break down barriers to performance.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and positive morale on the team.
- Minimum 7-10 years progressively responsible experience successfully guiding strategic marketing, branding, and product management.
- Understanding and appreciation of the Professional Beauty Industry
- Exceptional financial acumen required including experience with budgeting and P&L management.
- Strategic thinker and effective communicator at all levels of the organization
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to lead, motivate, and develop team members.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas of the business enabling the successful achievement of initiatives across all brand categories.
- Understanding of the digital ecosystem including media, CRM, ecommerce and content.
- Superior leadership and communication skills. Need to be able to articulate clear business direction and strategies. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (25%).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.