AVP PR & Media Engagement
Corporate Communications - L'Oreal
The Assistance Vice President (AVP) of Media Relations & Influencer Engagement plays a key role in advancing the Corporate Communications team’s mission of building and protecting the L’Oréal Group’s reputation in the U.S. In this position, the Assistant Vice President will be responsible for leading external communications strategies that increase the visibility of the company's key business initiatives, leadership, values, expertise and social contributions among external stakeholders.
Overseeing Corporate Media Relations, this team member will serve as the company’s primary media liaison in the U.S., working to proactively identify spokespeople, storytelling opportunities, events and content ideas that deliver business and reputational value to the organization. This role will work closely with leaders across the company to surface strategic and high-impact thought leadership opportunities that elevate the company’s people and programs and join relevant conversations and events throughout the year.
The Assistant Vice President will work closely with the Global Corporate Communications team at L’Oréal Group headquarters to adapt key global programs and initiatives to the local market context. This role also serves as a day-to-day advisor to brand public relations and cross-functional teams to provide communications counsel, as well as to ensure alignment and enforcement of communications policies throughout the company.
- Oversee Corporate Media Relations; responsible for developing communications strategies to elevate L’Oréal’s corporate reputation in the U.S. among priority stakeholders through targeted media and event opportunities and executive thought leadership
- Build and strengthen in-house media relations capabilities with business, trade and consumer media outlets and journalists by leveraging existing relationships, cultivating new contacts and managing inbound media inquiries to seize high-impact opportunities to tell our company’s story
- Work across the enterprise to proactively identify and develop storytelling opportunities that connect with corporate priorities and solve business challenges in partnership with our 4 divisions, 30+ brands, and various corporate functions
- Craft messaging and create effective, high quality communication materials such as press releases, media advisories, facts sheets, op-eds, infographics, web copy and message frameworks that guide team in building a cohesive corporate narrative
- Oversee spokesperson training program to prepare corporate executives for media opportunities and coordinate approval process for interviews and speaking engagements
- Facilitate planning and execution around L’Oréal USA’s activations at key annual events and conferences, including major forums like CES and SXSW, and identify potential new stages where the company should increase its visibility.
- Network with external stakeholders and stay on the pulse of relevant news and trends, working to tie the business to broader industry conversations
- Manage direct reports, external agencies and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in PR, executive engagement, and corporate storytelling
- Minimum 8 years experience editorial and storytelling: exceptional writing skills and ability to distill and present complex information into clear, concise and engaging communications.
- 8-10 years experience of developing and managing relationships with the media and influencers and earn positive coverage of major initiatives from top tier outlets.
- Understanding of how content creation translates into resources for journalists, bloggers, and other influencers.
- A quick study: able to get up to speed and adeptly navigate a range of complex business-relevant topics, from environmental sustainability and advanced research to digital innovation and consumer technology.
- 8-10 years experience in high-profile spokesperson roles speaking on and off the record with journalists and other external stakeholders.
- Outstanding record of accomplishment in developing, prioritizing and managing multi-faceted and multi-channel communications strategies.
- Strong teamwork, analytical skills, leadership and interpersonal skills, and building/maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Someone who possesses a high level of professionalism, judgment and integrity, can maintain confidential information and work with senior-level management (both U.S. and International teams) with maturity and sensitivity
- Ability to work productively in a cross-functional environment and build strong relationships with internal (senior leadership, brands, divisions, etc.) and external teams (agencies, partners, vendors).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.