Job Title: AVP, Omni Marketing & Merchandising – Lancôme
Division: Luxury Products Division
Location: NY, 10 Hudson Yards
Reports To: VP, National Accounts – Sephora & Ulta
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth to the People.
What You Will Do:
Responsible to build and drive relationships with retailer’s marketing, social, media and operations team’s developing a 360- omni channel retailer program for Sephora. The goal is to identify opportunities and develop initiatives that align with the overarching strategy and vision for the Sephora account ensuring achievement of the retail ambition. Responsible for the holistic strategy implementation of merchandising in stores and on retailer.com across all retailers with the goal to drive sales, create consistency across all consumer touchpoints & band categories, and achieve a best-in-class consumer experience.
This job is critical to driving Lancôme’s business at Sephora with a assisted open sell point of view & ensure best in class development of B&M and digital asset merchandising for Lancôme as a brand.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
EXECUTE AND SUPPORT IN THE CREATION OF SEPHORA STRATEGY
- Create Sephora specific 360 marketing plans for all three categories: Makeup, Skincare & Fragrance - including launches and pillars - in alignment with brand marketing category teams, working directly with omni activator
- 360 Plan Includes: Merchandising, In-store dual exposure (table, tower), sampling, advocacy/influencer, digital media, eventing
- Develop Sephora Panier: Launch, promotional & sets
- Identify priority launches and find synergies between national tactics and Sephora needs
- Ensure education is properly looped in so their execution in store matches the account priorities
- Partner with marketing and sell-in team to develop exclusive sets
- Maintain RPA updated with the latest marketing plans
- Create week by week for field audience with clear descriptions of upcoming activations
INFLUENCE AND MANAGE THE CREATIVE PROCESS:
- Lead “Sephora-ized” adaptation of national assets, content, & copy and requesting additional materials when needed
- Align and manage the creative process of gondola merchandising updates for Sephora and Sephora in Kohl’s
- Create Add/Delete strategy & alignment with retailer
- Attend vendor meetings (Array, Rapid) & internal CPR/Pre-CRM/CRM
- Responsible for planogram schematics
PARTNER WITH SEPHORA MERCHANT & MARKETING TEAMS
- Participate in Weekly/Bi-Weekly/Monthly meetings with Merchant & Marketing Teams
- Create launch strategies, reinforce product and category priorities, and gain deeper consumer and channel insights
- Execute visual & merchandising negotiations
- Create retailer market presentation (also including pre + post markets) in collab with brand marketing and send follow up recaps
- Build eventing strategy with retailer corporate eventing contact
- Ensure all needed collateral is created and field is clear on initiative and execution
- Oversee digital COOP budget in partnership with media team
- Manage Sephora POS budget
- Ensure sales forecast accuracy and build out bottoms up retails and ambition by launch (in conjunction with Sell In team and demand planning)
- Monitor competitive Lancôme & Rankings for department and for key skus
- Conduct competitive and consumer data analysis - Leverage learnings to impact marketing tactics and go to market strategies
MANAGE & DEVELOP SEPHORA EKAM
- Training/Developing e-commerce manager role
- Active participant on Yoobic sharing marketing updates and answering field questions
- Responsible for modernizing and synchronizing all Lancôme's merchandising needs across all retailers (Department Stores and Assisted Open Sell, Including Ulta)
- Bringing what is relevant in the current competitive landscape to Lancôme while maintaining the brand identify
- Influence national vision with best in class merchandising in the competitive landscape
- Creation/influence over brand marketing – for all digital content needs across all retailers (PDP, Media, Advocacy/Influencer)
- Responsible for communicating and pushing delivery of all exact needs out of Brand Marketing & DMI partners
PARTNER WITH MARKETING,DMI & BROADER SALES:
- Work closely with brand marketing to understand brand vision for all core products and product launches
- Partner with DMI on in-store merchandising vision
- Work closely with Department Store Group and Specialty to fully understand all needs of the business
- Responsible for strategy and roll out of Agora in the US for Department Stores
- Owner of CAPEX budget for Lancôme
MANAGE & DEVELOP DIRECT REPORT
- Training/Developing POS and Digital Managers (2 additional direct reports)
Key Challenges, Issues and Complexity:
A key challenge this role will need to overcome is how to create marketing materials for an assisted open sell environment while maintain the brand identity of Lancôme. Key strategic decisions will need to be made on how much of the marketing materials can be adapted vs. what will need to stay consistent throughout the brand.
Merchandising ways of working will need to be established for the brand. This will be very complex as there are numerous different merchandising units at different retailers and will require coordination with various different departments (i.e., marketing, creative, DMI, finance, etc.).
Organization Structure and Key Working Relationships:
- Brand Marketing: Will work together on all launches, core product marketing, and merchandising strategies. Daily communication via meetings and e-mail
- Creative: Key partner for all visual merchandising updates. Daily communication via meetings and e-mail
The AVP of Omni Marketing & Merchandising has key responsibility, in conjunction with senior brand management, for achieving the annual sales budget plan as well as the growth of the brand in all channels of distribution, while remaining within spend budgets of Media, CAPEX, and POS.
The role is responsible for managing and developing three direct reports.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 7-10 years brand management/marketing experience, preferable with visual merchandising experience
- Prior team management experience not required, but a benefit
- Strong organization & project management skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and forecasting experience
- Strong execution, collaboration, and consensus building skills
- Computer literacy on Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (max 15%)
- Physical requirements of the role: physical in-office presence
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $145,000.00 - $207,000.00
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.