Job Title: Asst - Administration II
Supervisor Title: Director – Physical Flows
Location: Dallas, TX
Section 2: Job Summary (limit your description to one paragraph):
This position will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties. In this role, the Administrative Assistant will produce and complete various work assignments requiring analytical ability, which includes preparing payroll and employee hours, working with time keeping systems, submitting daily reports, preparing purchase orders, receipt of goods, working with budgets for expense and capital purchases, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, coordinating meals and celebrations, and maintaining visibility to the vacation calendar. In addition, the position entails preparing expense reports, organizing video and phone conferences, providing support for internal meetings as well as potentially taking meeting minutes. The candidate must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, handle confidential information, and relate exceptionally well with all employees.
Section 3: Job Requirements (Minimum number years of experience, skills, certification, and academic background required to perform this job):
Required computer skills include MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management. Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills. A high school diploma is required. Secretarial school or college degree is preferred along with a minimum of 2 years applicable experience preferably within a logistics or administration environment.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
- Completes tasks in straightforward situations, using common sense to complete tasks, applies knowledge of judgment based on defined procedures.
- Uses simple judgment and defined procedures in straightforward situations
- Typically requires selecting between solutions already laid down
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Work occasionally on the floor to support operations, lifting to 25 pounds, standing for minimum 1 hour
Section 6: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
1. Daily manage employee time, coding all hours accurately, preparing daily reports, and completing payroll weekly in a timely fashion. Weekly and end of month reporting is also required. Work with HR under special circumstances when discrepancies are noted.
2. Work with and support non-exempt employees to ensure employees have all the resources/supplies necessary to effectively meet their responsibilities. This would include timely and accurate payroll support, vacation balances and vacation calendars, shoe vouchers, safety glasses vouchers, packaging supplies for corrugate, labels, and pallets, as well as office supplies and PPE
3. Manage department expense and capital PO’s, including submitting PO’s for approval, receipt of goods, logging expenses, and working effectively with the accounts payable team to ensure suppliers are paid timely. Learn effective and efficient navigation of all PO systems including the ability to train others
4. Handle general administrative duties such as the management of his/her schedule, telephone calls, organization of files, maintaining a clean and orderly workspace as well as the department supply room.
3. Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of management, which may include planning and coordinating multiple visitors, meals, conference rooms, attendee PPE, and organizing smaller employee/company events.
6. Work effectively with vendors, maintain supplies for community leased equipment, purchase and stock general supplies and manage areas in a safe, tidy, and efficient manner.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.