| || |
SalonCentric, the professional products distribution operation of L’Oreal USA and the premier distribution partner to the professional salon community in the U.S., has an opportunity for an Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Analyst in our McCalla, AL warehouse to have hands on involvement in the safety program within this facility. Reporting to the EHS&S Director, this position will lead/provide direct consultation on a variety of safety-related experiences in a distribution environment.
- Develop and implement programs, policies, and assessments to ensure the site complies with all federal and SalonCentric/L’Oreal environmental, health and safety rules.
- Coach and assist Managers and Supervisors in the development and implementation of effective EHS&S programs.
- Review all accident/incident and near-miss investigations for accuracy, including a description of the incident, the identification of root cause, and thorough corrective actions. Ensure that all reports are submitted into the L’Oreal EHS&S Application Portal (LEAP).
- Coordinate with Worker’s Comp Insurance carrier and HR any post-accident care of L’Oreal/SalonCentric employees.
- Complete metrics reports for monthly/quarterly/annual EHS&S reports; i.e. training hours, SIO, MESURS, transportable waste.
- Maintain OHSAS18001 Certification and coordinate transition to ISO45001 as the Management Representative.
- Represent McCalla distribution center in the Corporate Internal Auditing Team.
- Participate in and support the Site’s Safety Committee.
- Coordinate MESURS, SHAPs, and Ergonomic Assessments.
- Identify possible losses, evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; develop and implement a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Support the facilities department to ensure that the contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with SalonCentric/L’Oreal policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Advise, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Conduct or coordinate EHS&S Training, as required. Capable to develop training material, as necessary.
- Coordinate medical surveillance and industrial hygiene testing.
- Lead the rollout of a new Ergonomics Team.
- Coordinate inspections by all outside agencies and or internal groups and document and track the correction of all potential deficiencies.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining the Emergency One Plan and associated procedures.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety.
- Maintain, with Corporate EHS, the Site’s OSHA 300 Log.
- Manage the disposal of the site’s waste, ensuring compliance with all necessary requirements.
- Prepare environmental submissions and/or reports as required.
- Ensure compliance with local, State or Federal regulations.
- Become the SalonCentric Representative to the Local Emergency Planning Commission (LEPC), which is lead by Jefferson County Emergency Management.
- Develop and maintain waste minimization activities for facility.
- Successfully interacts with employees at all levels
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (To include relevant work experience, competencies and education requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the support of the Environmental Health & Safety department
- Intermediate computer skills; (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential.
- Well-developed communication skills (verbal and written), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Willing to obtain additional training, including but not limited to ISO 45001 Lead Auditor, ASSE’s Safety Management Certification
- Experience with OSHAS 18001 preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Some travel required to attend meetings or visit other sites as needed
At SalonCentric, we continue to focus on our people in order for them to perform at their best. That is why we offer a competitive compensation program; great benefits; and a fun, high energy, entrepreneurial environment.
Visit us at www.saloncentric.com or www.lorealusa.com to learn more about our growing company.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.