For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
In this role, you will focus on market analysis, tracking, and communication with local and global partners for the Hair Care & Styling and Hair Color Products Métier.
- Track new launches and existing marketed products -highlighting new technology, new claims, new franchises
- Map the pricing of products for the US market (SKU wise) and plot vs our internal benchmark products
- Conduct ecommerce tracking, including rating and reviews and digital communications as well as identifying product and pricing updates
- Define and map products e.g. shampoo/conditioner/treatment based on claims, consumer targets, and benefit
- Make recommendations to development team regarding need gaps and potential technology solutions based on market analysis
- Highlight new (unique) launches worldwide in the beauty space and recommend new trend/s that can be cascaded to our Zone / category.
- Monthly/ Quarterly reports on latest market launches and developments
- Alignment with France competition team as well as other global partners
- Meeting preparation and presentation e.g. R&I strategic meetings, Marketing leadership meetings etc.
- Identify and flag threats and opportunities to lab partners to influence
- Proactively procure new and interesting market products as well as supporting development team needs and requests for samples
- Build the digital footprint for each relevant product in the online database including pricing, claims, and performance
TESTING AND ANALYSIS
- Initiate salon and consumer testing to quantify and benchmark product performance
- Bachelor's / Master’s level degree in science or engineering is required.
- 5+ years of experience in Consumer Products industries is required.
- Experience with consumer or professional Hair Care and Styling products, preferred.
- Experience with digital tools and seeking trends within industry
- Must have good management skills, leading and developing a team of scientific professionals.
- Must be able to articulate and implement a vision and motivate team members to achieve department goals & objectives.
- Familiarity with testing methodology and procedures.
- Fluency is French is a plus.
- Must be able to think and plan strategically, with the ability to be creative and think “outside the box”.
- Has a solid knowledge of the competition and well as consumer perceptions and desires to create innovative products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally as well as internationally.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.