SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Transportation Analyst’s primary focus is supporting the day-to-day distribution activities and analytical activities of all internal and external clients as it relates to L’Oréal USA’s Active Cosmetics. This role ensures all product orders are created and shipped in compliance with all L’Oréal, domestic and international standards. This individual will work directly with the picking and shipping supervisor and is key liaison to L’Oréal USA Active Cosmetic staff ensuring accurate and timely deliveries.
- Acts as an expert in understanding and communicating L’Oréal USA’s Active Cosmetic Brand needs from a distribution perspective
- Plans and manages all carrier pickups and relationships for all domestic and international shipments in coordination with the Picking / Shipping supervisor
- Organizes deliveries across multiple L’Oréal Active Cosmetic Brands to ensure grouping by truck/container for shipping
- Responsible for reviewing and prioritizing vendor, customer and/or internal partner requests
- Plans and Manages implementation of efficient loading and documentation of all outbound domestic and international shipments
- Creates daily reporting of activity and communicates potential and/or actual issues to leadership
- Develop and implement transportation reporting metrics to identify key trends and provide insightful analysis to key stakeholders
- Analyze shipment documentation for accuracy and identify potential issues
- Ability to learn and teach new system transactions
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of export transportation experience in a distribution or supply chain environment
- Knowledge of HAZMAT rules for land, sea, air – IATA, etc required
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills
- A self-motivated team-player with a positive attitude
- Must be able to wear protective eyewear, footwear, hand protection (gloves) and safety vests
- Broad knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations and understanding of warehouse operations
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses
- Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.